Liquid fry food?

eugeneT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2006
Tennesse
Hey everybody, my bronze corys have just started laying eggs all over my 29 gallon today and since im on vacation this week I have a better chance of doing it right this time. I took as many eggs off the glass as i could and transfered them to a small plastic box half filled with tank water from their parents tank. Its floating in my open top 10 gallon to keep it at a good temp. I added a bubbler for O2 and put in a digital therm. so I can keep track of the temp easily. I have some fry food I made myself with a pepper mill, it has bloodworms, flakes and some of those gammarus all ground up really fine. But I have heard of using chicken eggs and a baster or egg dropper to feed liquid food to them too, but I forgot is it the whites or yolk you use? :screwy: I plan to use whichever one is right and add small quantities of the mini flake to it and feed them several times per day. Anyone that can help I be grateful, I want these lil fellers to make it this time. Any other suggestions are also welcome. Thanks :popcorn: :popcorn:

jvision

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2007
Edmonton, AB
If you want to use the eggs, boil them then squeeze the yolk thru a cheesecloth. Feed only a very small amount, as it fouls the water quickly.

Steve737

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2007
Roselle, IL
Crumble up the flake food in a plastic baggie until it looks like powder. Then rip off one end of a q-tip and dip the stick end into the water, then the powder. Dip the stick back in the fry net, and you're done. One of my female Sunset Swords just had 20-25 babies and that's how I'm feeding them.

me_wee_todded

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2006
Permian Basin
www.myspace.com
use the yolk but whip it first.
then add some powdered food so it turns into a kind of paste.

this stuff works good

Jaybird

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2007
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
I just use that "Liquifry" stuff. (Number2 for live bearers, number1 for egg layers). It's pre-mixed, cheap and does the job. I also put in some newly hatched brine shrimp.

Jay.

eugeneT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2006
Tennesse
Thanks everybody, Im hoping they will hatch soon. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

fishfreak317

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
flowerhorncraze.com
Jaybird;761275; said:
I just use that "Liquifry" stuff. (Number2 for live bearers, number1 for egg layers). It's pre-mixed, cheap and does the job. I also put in some newly hatched brine shrimp.

Jay.
i've tried this stuff, and none of my fry ever eat it. i just been useing baby brine for now, they seem to love that stuff. ;)

awdawg

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2006
Des Moines, IA
my con's definitely like the hikari "first bites" at their smallest stage, and its cheap at around 2 dollars for a little package. I'm going to use that at first on my blood parrot / Jingkang fry till they upgrade to new life spectrum grow, and NLS h20 stable wafers an omega one flakes..

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
For corydoras your best bet is microworms. The survival rate is nearer to 80% with live microworms vs. anything else is 25-50% survival. Baby brine shrimp can be offered once the fry are a little bigger.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
For my livebearers, I use Wardley liquid fry food, then Hikari First Bites. I don't know if Corys will take it though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store