List Your Pikes

dleomd

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2009
Rockford, IL
Crenicichla lucius so I'm told. Do you all agree?

IMG_3511.JPG

IMG_3513.JPG

IMG_3515.JPG

IMG_3516.JPG

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
prob, dleomd

current list:

2 x 6" lucius ("pair")
1 x 8" Xingu I
1 x 10" Tapajos II? (Fire)

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
i think i have sveni

correct me if im wrong

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
added a 10" male johanna, but sold the Xingu I and the pair of lucius died while I was away :cry:, so I'm down to....

10" male johanna
10" male Atabapo II

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
lost my fire last night...

added another fish into the QT after dividing it off and it was dead this morning. had almost healed of fin rot, but putting the other fish in stressed it and the fin rot exploded...guessing that's what killed it. Lyonsi wasn't doing very well (laying on the bottom, swimming funny), so I put it back in the tank it was in before and it seems to have recovered, but it's going back into QT tomorrow.

wish I had enough money for an Atabapo I from Rapps :irked:

so, the only pike I have left right now is the johanna :( an LFS has a bunch of male and female johannas that are about 8", so I might pick up a female.

Hadrian

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
virginia
fire's are BS IMO--they all seem highly stressed, sick constantly and unparalleled in their susceptibility to HITH

if you wnat a red pike get a tapajos, a cobra or an atabapo I, they all are blazing red (the fire's are not) are hearty and reasonably healthy fish.

fire's may be beautiful in a river but they clearly don't belong in most aquariums.

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
Hadrian;3634725; said:
fire's are BS IMO--they all seem highly stressed, sick constantly and unparalleled in their susceptibility to HITH

if you wnat a red pike get a tapajos, a cobra or an atabapo I, they all are blazing red (the fire's are not) are hearty and reasonably healthy fish.

fire's may be beautiful in a river but they clearly don't belong in most aquariums.
yeah, I know. I actually found it in an LFS for cheap, so i couldn't pass. They may not be gorgeous, but it's still a pretty cool, rare pike. It had HITH scars when I got it and the only problem it gave me before this is a very shout bout with HITH. Other than that, it had been a pretty hardy one.

I did used to have a Tapajos I, but lost it to very bad parasitic HITH that ate into its cranial cavity.

IDK what I'm going to do. I went to get a female johanna and they sold out of them already :irked: I think I might just sell my johanna and wait for a T1 or T2....good luck on me finding a cf jegui or tigrina.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store