Little Elong

jelly

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Herts, UK
www.Hoplias.webs.com
My first step into Piranhas. Always fancied an elong. About 2". Eating well. Great character, about a foot away from three Brycon that must be at least 100 x its mass and occasionally tries to rush them, I guess the big silver scales look appealing.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Making a come back? lol should get a video of it rushing them. Elongatus are the only piranha I ever liked, especially the black mask ones.

Madou

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2013
Belgique
Took me a while to realize that was an in water picture and not just a P on a plank of wood...
Crystalc clear water! ;)

Looks good :)

Reactions: Jrp0405

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Elongs have a big set of cajones for all the bigger they get lol. Mine has staring contests with me, and will 100% grab a finger if he's hungry enough lol.

Good lookin' fish

jelly

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Herts, UK
www.Hoplias.webs.com
Making a come back? lol should get a video of it rushing them. Elongatus are the only piranha I ever liked, especially the black mask ones.
Agreed, I like their profile, more of a sporty look, lol

Nice fish man! Elongs are the coolest piranhas.
Cheers

Took me a while to realize that was an in water picture and not just a P on a plank of wood...
Crystalc clear water! ;)

Looks good
Now you say it, it looks like its laid out on a chopping board. Yes I need to put a backing on the tank.

Elongs have a big set of cajones for all the bigger they get lol. Mine has staring contests with me, and will 100% grab a finger if he's hungry enough lol.

Good lookin' fish
Thanks. Was quite shy of me on the first day but seems quite out going now. Looking forward to it putting on some size but very cool as a tiny version. I did try a plec as I had read of some success with them together. I have a breeding set of bristlenose so tried a 2" one. The fins were quickly consumed. I have removed it now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store