Livening up a 90g tank

FJB

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Another possibility for livening your tank are some Hemiodus. Very gentle yet assertive and hard to catch by anybody (except perhaps at night while sleeping?).
The ones shown (H. cf argenteus) may be a bit too large (up to 7"), but the red tail ones, Hemiodus gracilis stay a bit smaller (up to 5"). Good luck!

IMG_0176.jpg

bkfamus

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2020
You could try Tetragonopterus argenteus (I don't think i saw it suggested).. Not biotope correct, but a cool larger schooling tetra.. Omnivore so should be plant friendly.. May have to feed your bichir at night though cause they get kinda psycho when feeding.. currently in stock at TUIC, Wet Spot and Aqua Imports..

Reactions: The Masked Shadow

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
How many filaments could I have? How many is the minimum? How many is the maximum? I’m thinking 3-4 is good.

Something Fishy Here

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2022
I had 6 denison barb, or roseline whatever you want to call them in my 60 with a trio of severems and loaches for several years. They got close to 6 inches long and just swam laps constantly. Loved them! Very hardy and pretty and active. Easily ate flake food, but i only had fake plants, no clue if they'd mess with real ones.

Reactions: The Masked Shadow
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store