living room oasis pt2

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
My pink tail cleans up all food, my knives have to be handfed to a degree as i have to hold the bloodworm cube down and they eat what falls off. They are coming out of their shell and being more busy during daytime

Dont underestimate the night shift.. thats a part of why i keep the fish that ruins the tank.. its nice having a completely new set of fish that come out when you shut of the lights..

They are shy.. had 3 of them back in the days..

Reactions: Hendre

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Dont underestimate the night shift.. thats a part of why i keep the fish that ruins the tank.. its nice having a completely new set of fish that come out when you shut of the lights..

They are shy.. had 3 of them back in the days..
My knives always come out when the tank light is off in early evening. The cat only comes out at about 11 if my room light is on. The knives don't mind it

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
Long st

He was a monster indeed
Me? Long story! Just emigrated to BC, Canada from Uk. Gave my fish away late last Year but have been quietly reading the site here-agree with you it's not quite like it was and a lot of the real MFK's seem to have gone which is sad. In rental property at present so can't have a big tank but am gathering info. Ready for when do get a place of our own
Wow.. many people seem to go to canada.. work or something else?

Yeah.. it is what it is.. :/ miss the og's..

Good seeing you're alive and well man.. :)

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
My knives always come out when the tank light is off in early evening. The cat only comes out at about 11 if my room light is on. The knives don't mind it
Thats great! I have a crapload of fish that should be gone.. i could seriously fit my fist into the mouth of the clarotes but he wont eat the bichirs, plecos or smaller cats.. he'll defend his territory with a firm bite and i've thought that was the last time i saw something but he'll spit them back out..

Its a strange truce haha..

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Thats great! I have a crapload of fish that should be gone.. i could seriously fit my fist into the mouth of the clarotes but he wont eat the bichirs, plecos or smaller cats.. he'll defend his territory with a firm bite and i've thought that was the last time i saw something but he'll spit them back out..

Its a strange truce haha..
That is interesting indeed. I am growing my pink tail and if he is an ass i will trade him in for something else. Luckily the knoves mouths are small so i can get small fish to grow again

robroy

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
BC, Canada
Wow.. many people seem to go to canada.. work or something else?

Yeah.. it is what it is.. :/ miss the og's..

Good seeing you're alive and well man.. :)
Not so much work but just hopefully a better life for the kids and me. It's a beautiful place-just hoping the fish scene is too

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
Not so much work but just hopefully a better life for the kids and me. It's a beautiful place-just hoping the fish scene is too
Wow.. thats a step.. hat off!

From the looks of other canadians on here you should be set! :)

robroy

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
BC, Canada
Hopefully yes. Recommend the place to you as it's beautiful and the people so friendly.
Next goal is to get our own place and work on the Wife so I can get a monster tank. The kids are keen so that's a start I guess lol

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
I hope all the small fish were with other homes in mind.

Rays... Super cool.
Fei Feng.. Ok
Aro... Cool
Irwini.. Is probably small.. But.. Ok
Largest growing pleco's.. Cool
TSNx.. Ok... But should have went RTCxTSN for a cross..

Seriously that small growing stuff and anything else I didn't mention ruins that tank. At least if you're a Monster Fish Keeper.

My .02
Can someone translate this guy's message to me? I've no idea what I said wrong but neither do I get the nature of his grievance with me (never had any run-ins or any beef with the guy): http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/f...t-kind-of-asian-arowana-is-this.668642/page-2 post #14

Holy crap.. And you have those "awards" to your name..

The whole thing is someone who isn't MFK... But that last part of speaking of crap you don't know especially...

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
He is basically complaining about the fish not being monsters and he has an issue with that. He is stuck in the past and has appeared to crave negative attention in the past

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store