lmb wont eat

FLiP129

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2010
pembroke pines, fl
so it has been almost a month sense i put a 7lb large mouth bass in my 2500 gallon pond. the lmb still has not eaten one thing. In the pond i have 2 gold fish, 2 cichlids, a blue gill, and 2 shinners for him to eat. giving him this buffet he still will not eat, is there anything i can do or is he really going to starve himself to death.

FLiP129

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2010
pembroke pines, fl
kinda into the skullish area, on the upper mouth. however it wasnt seriouse the hook was hardly in and when we landed the fish the hook pretty much fell out.

manlyfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
michigan
oh does the lmb have anything on him like parasites?

dcorreia

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Sacramento
It's very odd that a lmb wont eat.... He must be sick or that hook might have caused some damage. I hooked a bluegill in the top of the mouth (skullish area), he was hooked really good though, even bleed a little when I took the hook out. I threw him in my pond to see if he would make it and he died a few days later.
Have you tried dropping some worms in front of him yet?

FLiP129

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2010
pembroke pines, fl
i have not tried worms yet, but i have thrown a lizzard right in front of his face and he didnt even flinch. the first week we put him in, he would accasionally swim around the pond when no one was around. now he sits under the waterfall where we cannot see him, and never moves. however about 2 weeks ago he changed his spot and would sit in a corner of the pond right at the surface. thats when i threw the lizzard ontop of him and got no reaction. p.s. (we caught him on a plastic green worm.)

fatherof5

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2007
WISCONSIN
Is that sore still there? It might have a parasite inside or the other idea is it might have eaten something else that fell into the pond and you just haven't noticed it,just a thought or it just hasen't got used to the pond yet, 7lbs is a good size fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store