Logging the pond and it's inhabitants

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Well I have always wanted to keep the graceful dragons from South America's.

I don't have a tank big enough for them, so I had to wait till I got bored with the alligator gar and the RTC, so that the pond can occupy the dragons. Well it took me close to 14 years to make up my mind to give them away and start the pond afresh.

So here is a small video of the pond with its new inhabitants.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Wow it'll be interesting to see their development in such a big new home, plz keep us updated. And nice to see you have a big furry friend to guard them :)

Reactions: headbanger_jib

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Here's a small video on the 3rd of March.
Took this video, but hadn't got to upload it.

You can see that the silver arowana have started to relax and come close to take the worms, although they are still a bit skittish.

They are not yet swimming gracefully on the surface like I would want them to, they all huddle in a corner whenever they see some one approach, and if they get spooked, they dive inside.

The high back Malaysian gold, is still hiding and only yesterday that is on the 5th did I even see it eat after I last released him.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Here's a small video on the 3rd of March.
Took this video, but hadn't got to upload it.

You can see that the silver arowana have started to relax and come close to take the worms, although they are still a bit skittish.

They are not yet swimming gracefully on the surface like I would want them to, they all huddle in a corner whenever they see some one approach, and if they get spooked, they dive inside.

The high back Malaysian gold, is still hiding and only yesterday that is on the 5th did I even see it eat after I last released him.
Given what head cases these fish can be I think any step forward, small or large, is a good step. And at least they teach one the virtue of patience lol, something I've personally never had a huge supply of, but hopefully keeping Aros is influencing me in this direction.

I'd wager by next week your silvers will be quite a bit less shy in that big home., and then the MG will come out and show them who's really boss :)

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Feeding them today morning.

Now they're approaching the GoPro, while feeding.

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
A delightful video indeed, agreed. Thanks, bro. The finnage is tattered. Hopefully they are just establishing a hierarchy. Didn't see the Asian aro, just 6 silvers?

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
A delightful video indeed, agreed. Thanks, bro. The finnage is tattered. Hopefully they are just establishing a hierarchy. Didn't see the Asian aro, just 6 silvers?
Yes the smaller ones seem to be shown their place, the big one with the tattered fins, that's natural, I dunno how, but he has always had them wildfire like fins.

The high back still hides at the bottom, only eats what sinks in at the moment.

There are 8 silver arowana, all of them eat, without any issues.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store