Long Fin Koi X Siamese Carp (Giant Barb)

Veiled Maid

Feeder Fish
Sep 2, 2015
Maricopa AZ
Hi all. I'm new here, and wanted to know if any of you knew where I can obtain a Siamese Carp, also known as a Giant Barb. I want to cross them with Ginrin Doitsu Butterfly Koi. It may sound silly, but I very much want to have fish with characteristics from both breeds. The size and body type of the Siamese Carp / Giant Barb being very important. Thank you, and if this would not be the best place for this request, feel free to move this post. This is your world that I'm entering. I have very much respect for your projects, and hope to also have my own Monster Fish very soon.

Thank you,
Veiled Maid

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
There are vendors on this forum you can likely obtain this fish for you, Rarefish being one of them. Good luck with you project.

Veiled Maid

Feeder Fish
Sep 2, 2015
Maricopa AZ
Thank you! I followed their page, and am trying to figure out how to message them.
I'll let them know you sent me in that direction.

I'd also like to thank @VulgarDaClown's buddy, who sent me here.
This site is a wonderful source of information!
You all know your fish!

jamesdo

Feeder Fish
Nov 16, 2015
Hi,
I registered this forum just to tell you that if you come to Vietnam, you can buy as many Giant Barb as you want. Giant Barb was domesticated in Vietnam about 10 years ago. The fishes are bred in two laboratories and I you visit them, they might tell you how to breed the fish. I answer you because firstly I'm Vietnamese and secondly I love Koi and I also want to see a cross between these two fishes.

This clip is in Vietnamese but still you can see the Giant Barb :D.

Reactions: Veiled Maid

Veiled Maid

Feeder Fish
Sep 2, 2015
Maricopa AZ
Hi,
I registered this forum just to tell you that if you come to Vietnam, you can buy as many Giant Barb as you want. Giant Barb was domesticated in Vietnam about 10 years ago. The fishes are bred in two laboratories and I you visit them, they might tell you how to breed the fish. I answer you because firstly I'm Vietnamese and secondly I love Koi and I also want to see a cross between these two fishes.

This clip is in Vietnamese but still you can see the Giant Barb :D.
That was very kind of you! Thank you!

I wish I could visit right now! Just from what I see in the video, I have so many questions!

I am determined to cross breed Giant Barb with Ginrin and Kinrin Long fin Koi, and another cross breed of Giant Barb with Ginrin and Kinrin Long Fin Doitsu Koi.
Can you imagine how beautiful the possible variations of those cross breeds would be?

Thank you for sharing this information with me.
I need to visit Vietnam.

jamesdo

Feeder Fish
Nov 16, 2015
That was very kind of you! Thank you!

I wish I could visit right now! Just from what I see in the video, I have so many questions!

I am determined to cross breed Giant Barb with Ginrin and Kinrin Long fin Koi, and another cross breed of Giant Barb with Ginrin and Kinrin Long Fin Doitsu Koi.
Can you imagine how beautiful the possible variations of those cross breeds would be?

Thank you for sharing this information with me.
I need to visit Vietnam.
I'm glad to hear that it is helpful for you. I'm making the translation and I will upload it to YouTube when I finish.

Raising Giant Barb is common in Vietnam recently. Usually the fishes are harvested after two years of raising, when they weight 5 to 6 kg. The price for these young fishes is $10 to $20 per kilogram.

But there are some farmers have been raising the fish for more than 7 years and if you come to Vietnam, you can easily buy those 7 year old fishes which weight up to 50 kg just like buying a kind of food. The price for these big fishes is higher (about $30 to $50 per kilogram). But I think it is not expensive for a breeder fish.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
There are vendors on this forum you can likely obtain this fish for you, Rarefish being one of them. Good luck with you project.
Yep,Wes of Rarefish would probably be your best bet.I'm not into this type of fish but I think I recall Wes mentioning that he had a few probably as far back as this past spring.It is best to send him an email.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store