Apr 28, 2016
Price
Region
Southern California
State
California
Pickup or shipping
Shipping or Pickup
Looking for any type of peacock bass with alot of red.
Lmk if u have one and want to sell it

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
got this guy at lfs... think it came from a farm in asia...

7F6EC63D-DA6F-4265-B3ED-F0ADC4700B69.png

Reactions: kenny k

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
butterfly peacock bass may be a term helpful when searching...

i think Predatory fins, fishing person from youtube.. catch em all or something.... fishes these out of the ponds/canals in florida and sells them on ebay ?

Blakewater

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2018
butterfly peacock bass may be a term helpful when searching...

i think Predatory fins, fishing person from youtube.. catch em all or something.... fishes these out of the ponds/canals in florida and sells them on ebay ?
Butterfly will actually land him with cichla ocellaris which, though similar to cichla monoculus, actually lacks the body red 99% of the time in the hobby even though it was originally described to be the one with more red in it. I think what he'd want to look for are monos. Or.. cichla mirianae if hes willing to spend a few tens of thousands on a collection objective.

Reactions: dr exum

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
Butterfly will actually land him with cichla ocellaris which, though similar to cichla monoculus, actually lacks the body red 99% of the time in the hobby even though it was originally described to be the one with more red in it. I think what he'd want to look for are monos. Or.. cichla mirianae if hes willing to spend a few tens of thousands on a collection objective.
is that a mono in the picture he posted? im wondering if thats what my two are?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store