Looking for a catfish

DanDanUK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2005
Leeds , England
Hi there guys and gals
i'm looking for a catfish but not sure what type i fancied a tiger shovelnose but i think that it would over power my tank.

I have a 180 gal aquarium the fish i have now are :

1x 12" Fire Eel
1x 8" Silver Arowana
1x 6" Orange Spot Pleco ( sorry not sure of it proper name as i got it given to me)

Now i can't afford to buy anything else just yet so if any of you guys have any ideas i can do some research on the spieces.

I want something that will get along well with my other fishes something large enough for a 180gal but not too big, Also something with a bit of personality you know the type of fish which will feed out of your hand and allow you to pet them.

:feedback:

DanDanUK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2005
Leeds , England
The TRUST said:
Plecos are always a good choice.

Giraffe catfish is another good one.

P. Niger is good but they get big, but sometimes grow slow as they are slow lazy eater sfor the most part. Mine is a exception it eats like no tomorrow.
Funny you should mention the Giraffe Catfish as i saw one the other day when i picked up my Arowana i posted a bit of video yesterday.

Hey Trust you interested in seeing our UK natives ? i'm gonna type a new thread keep your eye's open for it. :grinno:

Tami Sims

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2005
Washington State
This is a question for "The Trust" How many tanks ( fish )do you have? I was looking in your Album... are those Gouramis in your tank? I have a moonlight Gourami that is about 8" Long. How long can they get? Thanks. Loved all your pics... Tami

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
get a lima

The TRUST

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2005
Miami, FL
DanDanThePiranhaMan said:
Funny you should mention the Giraffe Catfish as i saw one the other day when i picked up my Arowana i posted a bit of video yesterday.

Hey Trust you interested in seeing our UK natives ? i'm gonna type a new thread keep your eye's open for it. :grinno:
Yea I wanna see UK natives. I know u guys have Wels Cats, Northern Pike, carp and Tench, but aside from that I am not sure what else is in the UK

The TRUST

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2005
Miami, FL
Tami Sims said:
This is a question for "The Trust" How many tanks ( fish )do you have? I was looking in your Album... are those Gouramis in your tank? I have a moonlight Gourami that is about 8" Long. How long can they get? Thanks. Loved all your pics... Tami
Yes. My gouramis are Red Tail Gouramis. I believe they get about 20-24"

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store