Looking for a puffer

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
The Wet Spot had them on their list for $200. I know a few people that have them in tanks with other fish. They've completely ignored the other fish, including guppies. I've read they get anywhere from 4-5".
Sounds correct, but holy price tag

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
you could do a fahaka. 75gal might be pushing it for life though. But they would be great for a single fish tank and are very interactive. ....and freshwater.
Normally at absolute MIN people recommend a 125G for a fahaka, and even that i honestly find is a but tight, a 180G and up would be much better...

As for the other Puffer Wes has, i think its a close cousin or something of the South American Puffer, but requires brackish water???

Someone correct me if im wrong, but could have sworn i heard they need brackish...

Reactions: clm08k

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Normally at absolute MIN people recommend a 125G for a fahaka, and even that i honestly find is a but tight, a 180G and up would be much better...

As for the other Puffer Wes has, i think its a close cousin or something of the South American Puffer, but requires brackish water???

Someone correct me if im wrong, but could have sworn i heard they need brackish...
thanks for the correction. I knew someone who kept one in a 75, but I don't know how big the fish was. For as big as they get, 150-180g sounds more realistic. thanks.

jonah h2o

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2016
san diego California
Normally congo puffer refers to T.Miurus puffer, which is a piscivore = definitely not fish friendly lol

Its also another lurker that likes hiding in the sand...

I had a good opportunity at a Congo puffer for 75$ but super mean and they like to burrow and I had gravel

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE

What other puffer does he have? Not that I want to correct you, but I'm curious to look into it.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store