looking for a starter predator!

oscarkid99

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2012
new york city
i have much more experiance with oscars, but the red dervils that i have had were vicious eaters, then my oscar got much bigger than both devils and ate them pretty fast. the devils were nasty enough to blind an oscar in 1 i that was 6 inches bigger then them

predator1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2012
Toronto Ontario
wanted a dam arowana and researche dthem already so maybe il be getting 100 or bigger and get 2 oscars atleast 75 but i think il be able to get bigger tank ;) maybe big enough like over 200g to get aisan arowana. but african cichlids maybe or oscar im gonna srick with one of those options

obsoleteturtle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2012
winnipeg
wanted a dam arowana and researche dthem already so maybe il be getting 100 or bigger and get 2 oscars atleast 75 but i think il be able to get bigger tank ;) maybe big enough like over 200g to get aisan arowana. but african cichlids maybe or oscar im gonna srick with one of those options
Are you gonna want an RTC tomorrow?

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Sanguinefox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2012
US
exodons i dont like! bichirs to in active. getting tiger oscar with 1 convict or 1 firemouth
Are you trying to say Bichirs are inactive? That's not technically accurate. It really depends upon the species and how you raise them. I've got two adult Senegal Bichirs. You could not call these veracious eaters inactive. I keep a lower light set up to accommodate my stock, but over all they tend to be the most active fish active day or night. Only recently have my loaches outmatched them in their activity levels.

Now my Ornate? Different story. He's still a shy thing and I wish he wouldn't hide his pretty face so much.

predator1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2012
Toronto Ontario
nahhhh dont wanna take risk fish only sitting on bottom. oscars on youtube sometimes just sit there! o well im getting oscar or mbuna cichlid 75 tank or 2 oscar 100-144g

Runitis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg,MB, Canada
Really now. a 12 year old has a couple thousand dollars to drop on a fish tank and a fish and go to university? obviously you haven't done any research at all. A large tanks going to cost you atleast 1k brand new especially in canada. also your going to buy an endangered arrowana that costs a couple grand also. They have ones here for $3000 babies are $300 and babies are the hardest to take care of. Also another couple hundred on equipment i think not, canada has high prices for most aquaria things. Also people say arrowanas need tanks that are atleast 3times their length and width atleast double so have fun supplying that since they all grow 30" plus so a 100g wont work. Maybe do a little more research you had it good at a african cichlid tank........ do more research than that before giving a statement like that

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store