Want to Buy Looking for a store or wholesaler that ships to Australia. After 10 silver arowana and 10 albino arowana.

StewiesFish

Feeder Fish
Nov 13, 2019
Where in oz are you? There's a few stores here in vic which import fish. It might be easier to talk to them, they could possibly get what you need from Asia. Alsothey have proper quarantine facilities too so can take care of that side of things for you .
I imagine importing fish into oz isn't cheap or easy however you do it.
I'm located in Sydney, was trying to get some pricing to see if it was worthwhile and the profit margins were decent.

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
I'm located in Sydney, was trying to get some pricing to see if it was worthwhile and the profit margins were decent.
It might be worth getting in touch with coburg aquarium or OAFI down here, they both import and quarantine their own stuff so should at least be able to give you an idea of the costs and legal/logistical side of things.
There's probably similar shops in your area but I don't know any.

StewiesFish

Feeder Fish
Nov 13, 2019
It might be worth getting in touch with coburg aquarium or OAFI down here, they both import and quarantine their own stuff so should at least be able to give you an idea of the costs and legal/logistical side of things.
There's probably similar shops in your area but I don't know any.
Ok I'll check them out, I basically want to do the same as what they are doing. I have quarantine tanks ready to go just need to find a place overseas willing to ship to me.

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
Ok I'll check them out, I basically want to do the same as what they are doing. I have quarantine tanks ready to go just need to find a place overseas willing to ship to me.
To import fish into Australia you need a govt registered, inspected and approved quarantine facility. It needs to be totally sealed off from the outside world, not a drop of water is allowed to get Out of the setup and into the environment. I don't know how long you need to keep the fish in there before you can put them in a normal tank.
If you have a setup like this you would make a lot of money by renting it out to other fish keepers who want to import fish. It would be much more profitable and easier than importing and selling fish yourself.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store