Looking for compatability advice please!

viper0397

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.facebook.com
I have 3 retics in a 240 gallon tank for now and 2 "mini" marbled motoros in a 75 gallon grow out tank.

I feel the 75 gallon is too small for my marbled motors, and I know that retics are very docile stingrays. In the retic tank I also have bala sharks, congo tetras, african brown knifefish, turquoise rainbows, and electric blue acara.

My question is do you all think the marbled motoros would do well in the 240 gallon tank with the inhabitants that are currently in it. The footprint of the tank is 8'x2'. The marbled motoros are just pups and about 5 inches in diameter and my largest retic is about 11 inches in diameter. I do have 1 male retic in with this group and he is about the same size as the marbled motoros.

Thank you in advance!!
Jeff

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
I'd go for it but keep an eye on the retics and make sure they're still able to compete with the marbles for food.

Reactions: viper0397

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Thank you!!!

I was kind of worried about the motoro's stinging the retics. Is that warranted or not really?
I don't think I've ever seen anyone lose a Ray from just having them together, however a few people have lost rays that were stung during breeding.

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Try it, but be prepared to move the motoros if they don't get along. I started with retics years ago and found my to be fine, but when things changed (added a small orbignyi) they went down hill. Once stable, they didn't like change.

viper0397

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.facebook.com
Try it, but be prepared to move the motoros if they don't get along. I started with retics years ago and found my to be fine, but when things changed (added a small orbignyi) they went down hill. Once stable, they didn't like change.
Thank you very much! That is good to know especially since my retics have been on their own for 3 years and are breeding now.

I might then just leave them alone.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store