Want to Buy Looking for hemichromis

candidpets

Candiru
MFK Member
May 24, 2015
Brampton
www.facebook.com
Any six inch hemichromis jewels? I am doing a breeding project.

ALso any of the five stars but really prefer
hemichromis elongatus

Also interested in pig nosed puffers, killifish, mini monsters, comb tails, climbing perch

I can buy or have tonnes to trade located in brampton

I can get black nasty, mini dovii, true red terror, any time any day you like if you are serious. But my friend that has them is selling them so not sure how long before he sells out. Also can get true texas. ANd probably any rare cichlid you want just not the ones i want lol

Killduv

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
I am looking to get any of the Caquetáia cichilds around the 2 to 4 inch mark. Have not seen these for sale in Canada at all.

candidpets

Candiru
MFK Member
May 24, 2015
Brampton
www.facebook.com
mike has everything, five stars are such a joke to breed why are they hard to find? I Understand the fasciatus makes black nasty and red devil seem peaceful but the super red beautiful elongatus or frempongi are stunning and can mix with all kinds of cichlids especially go good with mbuna. They breed as easy as jewels.

TeeHawk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2011
Barrie, ON
I'll tag onto this post, because I'm in the same boat. I'm especially looking for fasciatus though.

candidpets

Candiru
MFK Member
May 24, 2015
Brampton
www.facebook.com
I'll tag onto this post, because I'm in the same boat. I'm especially looking for fasciatus though.
Hey i kept a group of this species and still have pictures. DO Not get them unless you have massive massive tanks. We tried breeding them in 300 gallon and they stilll killed each other. The fasciatus is not a practical fish. It will grow big and tortures red devil dovvi trimacs does not matter they are too fast and too brutal and kill everything. Elongatus and frempongi are more beautiful and can at least be kept with other very aggressive fish. The former will ruin the tank and make all the fish look like crap. Its like neolampus crystii it just ruins everything. I have kept mini dovii aratus and elongatus together. Faciatus killed all of them in a couple of days. Also they dont look that great. They were being sold at the store once and all of them got returned/put down. A flowerhorn is a nasty fish so is a dovii and they are worse. If adult they will kill red terrors devils flowerhorn dovii. The speed of their attacks no fish can keep up with. They are faster than mbuna. I tried to use dithers 4 inch giant diano school in a 300 gallon and these fish caught them all in less than a mintue. They will swallow big fishes. The only fish i have seen turn tables on them is gulper catfish. My gulper ate one. It is cruel to keep them with other fish or each other, they always look like crap because all they do is fight. I know a man a vendor on here who tried to keep them in 15 foot above ground koi ponds and they all still killed each other. Hopefully he will bring light on them but hes one of the biggest vendors in canada. The other five stars make great tank mates for mbuna in the melichromis family. Forgive my english i dont speak it that well. Salvini got killed, mini dovi aka grammodes got killed by even the peaceful five stars. But super aggressive mbuna mixed good with them. They killed my beautiful haps my beatiful peacocks in my 150 gallon. When these fish are young they are wimps and fragile but when they start to grow they are faster than other cichlids and kill all the nice fish off. Melanochromis chipokae and other very aggressive mbuna do well with them. A 4 inch female elongatus killed a huge male salvini who was over 6 inches and had teeth. Bigger teeth i ever have seen a cichlid have. But the peaceful elongatus killed him so easy.. Their speed makes mixing them really hard but its still doable. They do good with adult red devil jaguars etc.. But faciatus will tear up even those.

• Wow
Reactions: Matteus

candidpets

Candiru
MFK Member
May 24, 2015
Brampton
www.facebook.com
i wanted to add that all the five stars pair up and will breed fast. So keeping a pair is super easy and they breed like rats just as easy as reg jewels. So they should not be that expensive. I lost my male guinea 2 jewel. I only have a female golden jewel left. I would love to get another male but these guys are really hard to breed./ Five stars once u get a pair u will have thousands forever. I had a set up like that but was a bad winter lost all my heat. If anyone has regular jewels old style the ones that get 6 inches and up i will buy those also or trade for a better fish. I have some black nasty, and some beautiful peacock cichlids.

TeeHawk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2011
Barrie, ON
thanks for the info. It was my understanding that the fasciatus was the yellow/orange/ red coloured one and that elongatus was the more muted brown tone fish? I guess the internet is trying to trick me! I have yet to ever see any of the species in person, and I've toured almost all the stores in Toronto and the GTA, as well as my neighborhood further north.

Mike b 17

Feeder Fish
Jun 6, 2020
How or where can I acquire at least one of not a few hemochromus fasciatus, I would really appreciate any help. I've been looking for these for some time. Thanks

TeeHawk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2011
Barrie, ON
Still looking. Are there really none in Canada? I've only seen them on Tangled and Wet Spot(which don't ship to Canada).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store