Looking for oddball keepers

Oddballhunter12

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2023
Hello everyone. I’m glad that I could find a forum for harder to find species and I wanted to quickly introduce myself and get to know some of the people here. I’ve been working with aquariums for 7 years fresh, brackish, and salt water and I adore fish of any kind theirs no “bad” fish in my opinion. I have 7 tanks 2 75 South American cichlid tanks, a 40 gallon hex, a 70 gallon bow front, a 40 gallon long, and a micro tank.
I own cichlids of several types including firemouths, sevrums, angels, flags, geos, and parrots. I own three “predators” a juvenile red belly, an Indian leaf fish, and a juvenile Hejuta gar. I’m also a huge catfish fan I have Lima shovel nose, sailfin synodontis, royal pleco, Pictus catfish, and Raphael. My other odd balls that I didn’t mention are a green chromide, two fireball crayfish, a six banded Distodychus, a brown ghostknife fish, and I raise Dart frogs and a musk turtles.I’ve also had experiences with a wide range of other species including archers, flounders, gars, arrowanas, African cichlids, various reef fish, bichirs, etc. my goal is to get a degree in marine biology and a minor inicthology. I’m very happy to both learn new info and help others when it comes to the hobby I’m quick to share info to help someone’s fishy needs but I’m also very quick to ask for advice from others since I think most opinions and advice are valid. So I’m excited to see what this place holds in store and I hope you can help me acclimate to this thriving environment

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hello everyone. I’m glad that I could find a forum for harder to find species and I wanted to quickly introduce myself and get to know some of the people here. I’ve been working with aquariums for 7 years fresh, brackish, and salt water and I adore fish of any kind theirs no “bad” fish in my opinion. I have 7 tanks 2 75 South American cichlid tanks, a 40 gallon hex, a 70 gallon bow front, a 40 gallon long, and a micro tank.
I own cichlids of several types including firemouths, sevrums, angels, flags, geos, and parrots. I own three “predators” a juvenile red belly, an Indian leaf fish, and a juvenile Hejuta gar. I’m also a huge catfish fan I have Lima shovel nose, sailfin synodontis, royal pleco, Pictus catfish, and Raphael. My other odd balls that I didn’t mention are a green chromide, two fireball crayfish, a six banded Distodychus, a brown ghostknife fish, and I raise Dart frogs and a musk turtles.I’ve also had experiences with a wide range of other species including archers, flounders, gars, arrowanas, African cichlids, various reef fish, bichirs, etc. my goal is to get a degree in marine biology and a minor inicthology. I’m very happy to both learn new info and help others when it comes to the hobby I’m quick to share info to help someone’s fishy needs but I’m also very quick to ask for advice from others since I think most opinions and advice are valid. So I’m excited to see what this place holds in store and I hope you can help me acclimate to this thriving environment
Welcome aboard!
Your definitely on the right forum and with your experience and knowledge can help us as well.

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Welcome to MFK! I'm sure we are all looking forward to seeing your tank setups as well as sharing information.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store