Looking for some Bichirs. Here’s my list...

JesseJamez

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2011
California
Hi there.

I’m hunting for some bichirs. These are what I’m looking for:

Zaire Green (Retropinnis right?)
Buettikoferi
Lapradei Koliba
Mokelembembe

Ideally they are smaller.

I’m not looking for suggestions to check a store, just looking for a direct lead if anyone has one.

Potato Patatto

Aimara
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2020
I’ve got a bit of a bichir collection going on myself so lmk how he looks when it comes in, just afraid the retros aren’t big enough for some of the bigger guys I have

Reactions: JesseJamez

JesseJamez

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2011
California
I’ve got a bit of a bichir collection going on myself so lmk how he looks when it comes in, just afraid the retros aren’t big enough for some of the bigger guys I have
I totally understand. I’m actually thrilled that the Retro is practically a baby. According to their site it’s 3-4”. My other 3 bichirs (Delhezi, Ornate, and Teugelsi) are around that size as well. Though, for whatever reason, the Teugelsi went from 3-4” to about 6” in the course of two weeks. Can’t really explain that.

Potato Patatto

Aimara
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2020
I totally understand. I’m actually thrilled that the Retro is practically a baby. According to their site it’s 3-4”. My other 3 bichirs (Delhezi, Ornate, and Teugelsi) are around that size as well. Though, for whatever reason, the Teugelsi went from 3-4” to about 6” in the course of two weeks. Can’t really explain that.
I bought a few bichirs from them, all were appropriately sized to the description. But some just grow fast, my Endli went from 6 inches to nearly 11 in 3 months, it’s absurd. My Ansorgii is on similar pace, my ornates been pretty slow and the Lap has been steady. I’ve been wanting a retro or really any of the ones you mentioned but trying to find one that’s 8 plus inches is as brutal as finding a PBB that isn’t an adult already

Reactions: JesseJamez

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Well bichirs that grow past 18” do have a tendency to grow faster as they pack on more weight. You can easily tell during feeding time after they have bulges in their stomach or not

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store