LOOKING TO GET A MONITER LIZARD!!!!

Vicious_Fish

Here fishy fishy fishy...
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2007
South Central...
Do some research on Timor Monitors. They stay small like Ackies, like taller cages since they are climbers and are usually around $100+ bucks a piece.

RJF

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2009
New Castle,Indiana
And everyone ive had has been a moody biting little things wouldnt take any of them if they gave them to me. Monitors deff cost to keep I have a savannah a black throat and 2 tegus and the cost of food is around 80 to 100 a month depending on how I mix there diet. Another key here is make shure you have time to work with them constantly if you want it friendly.

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Ok guys. timors or ackies. can they live in in like a 30gallon 36 times 12 times 12 or a 20 gallon?? 24 by 20 (height) by 15???? For life?

AttackFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2007
Torrance
No.
That is to small.
Have you done any research on your own?

These are living animals that will depend on you to survive.

cichlid_fever

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2010
...Im out here!!
You'll need at least minimum a foot of substrate,3' tall x 5' wide to house a pair.They need proper heating basking spots to help digest there food,Humidity as well....Come on if you really want a monitor do some research.Please,for the well being of this reptile & your wallet too!!!

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
what would be the ideal minimal sized tank for a single ackie or timor??? why do I need so much substrate?? dimentions?

AttackFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2007
Torrance
I heard of this new thing called Google.. it's pretty cool.

latshki

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2007
prince edward island, canada
hey, I suggest you take your time and decide on what your going to get and do it right.
Don't be surprised to pay much more for everything since your in canada, timors are hard to come by up here as are ackies so they are usually expensive. If this is your first reptile I suggest that you go with an easier reptile that one can hold and will not be easily scared such as a beardie or crestie, don't forget that you will hopefully have this animal for the rest of your life so do things right.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store