Lower Jaw variants w/pics

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I got it backwards. Sp dabola resembles lap holotype while sp. Tinkisso resembles endli holotype
Screenshot_20170808-212705.png
20170808_213622.png

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Bigfishnut Bigfishnut

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
@jaws777 I was thinking it was a faranah lap. I saw that post comparing types. Funny thing is before in 2010 faranah lap were sold as SP Dabola seems now sp dabola has a few different types and looks. None the less awesome poly.
@jaws777 I was thinking it was a faranah lap. I saw that post comparing types. Funny thing is before in 2010 faranah lap were sold as SP Dabola seems now sp dabola has a few different types and looks. None the less awesome poly.
Quoted to this thread figured qhy bog sown that one lol and it qould be useful to who ever stumbles on this thread in the future.

I saw some older posts too that describe what sp.faranah are. Imo these fish are so grossly under studied that there really is no way to know what actually is what. Most of our info comes from you old school keepers.

For me any info king el provides is what i would trust most he felt it wasnt a faranah lap. Theres was a really good discussion on fb regarding the sp.s i postef screen shots in here on the good stuff.

He explained that there really are a few sp.s ricky or infblue (i think) has his collection being studied (genetically) and the early results are shoqing sp.dabola isnt the natural hybrid it was once thought to be.

They spoke about 4 sp.s sp dabola and sp.faranah having lap qualities like holo type, head shape and patterns while sp.tinkisso and guinea have endli traits.

Im by no way as experienced as you older keepers and the newer guys/gals as well but i had a feeling that allot of sp.dabloa's could actually be sp.tinkisso as well. Also whats in the name right lol like dabola tinkisso as they are provided by importers and exporters.

For me and i could be wrong but the head shape and patterns on a faranah lap do not match what my poly displays as well as a few shown on fb. Faranah laps look like the classic lap pattern with a few verticle lines extending away from the head. These sp.faranahs look to have less verticle lines more unbroken banding and the head shape is a little different.

Vancouver_98683 Vancouver_98683 is better at explaining it and probably has some pictures to boot.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store