Lufubuchromis relictus

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
Wow! Those are amazing! I’ve always found sunlight to bring out the best colors in any of my fish.
I’ve noticed that too, especially with African cichlids. I saw a video somewhere I can’t remember of a tank that had a tube attached to a skylight instead of electrical lighting and it looked amazing

Reactions: Deadeye

Milingu

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2015
Besides the broad spectrum of sunlight the direction matters a lot. In most cases sunlight hits the tank from an angle. Especially in some Tanganyika cichlids light from the side can make a huge difference. I know somebody who has an additional light from the side for featherfins and it makes a huge difference. You suddenly see completely new colours.

Reactions: Joshuakahan

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
Besides the broad spectrum of sunlight the direction matters a lot. In most cases sunlight hits the tank from an angle. Especially in some Tanganyika cichlids light from the side can make a huge difference. I know somebody who has an additional light from the side for featherfins and it makes a huge difference. You suddenly see completely new colours.
I know what you mean. All of my tanks are in the garage and when I open the garage door, all of my fish look much more colorful

Reactions: Milingu
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store