Lyretail Hawkfish

Hoyo12

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2009
WI
fishsanctuary.webs.com
my house is in Ontario and I'm at college in British Colombia, its almost 4500km (over 1000 miles) distance with a time zone difference of 3 hours between the 2 points so i can't just pop in and check on something as sensitive as a SW setup whenever i wish, freshwater is easier to manage so my old tank is being looked after and it's got hardy fish that are forgiving of any family mistakes. I have the same good summer job etc but living on residence does limit any near future options.

Agree with the volitan, seen 20 inchers in the caribbean, i started calling them mines they're so big and common
Very different situations, so I definitelty see your point! I don't know what I'll do when it comes to moving out. Hoping to have a fair paying job out of college/during college to get a downpayment on a house. No way I can live in an apartment, seems how 99% of them around here don't allow animals.
Someone had dropped off a 20" Volitan at the pet shop I used to work at - feel bad for the guy, stuck in a 40-Gallon Breeder tank. Came from a 180-Gallon.

Triggerfriend

Feeder Fish
Apr 1, 2018
Picked this guy up a few weeks ago - great coloring, lucky buy too! Mislabeled as a Spotted Hawkfish at Petco, which they figured out on their own when they realized I was interested in it. :D Good price, great fish, happy customer.
Post some pics of your own Hawkfish if you have any!

View attachment 940631

View attachment 940632

View attachment 940633

View attachment 940634

View attachment 940631

View attachment 940632

View attachment 940633

View attachment 940634
I love these dudes! Unfortunately mine passed away a year or so ago. Mine was mislabeled too, although I don't remember what they called him, and mine was from a mom and pop store.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store