Mad Max the GATF and Chicxulub's other ATF

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
20130225madmax.jpg

Max is doing pretty good. He's healed up perfectly. I suspect that when I left the tank unattended for two weeks and the power went out the system crashed and my water went to crap which is what caused him to stress. His wounds are healed and he's eating like a horse again. He had just eaten 14 Jumbo Carnisticks before that pic was taken.

And yes, that is actually what he looks like.

20130225madmax.jpg

MaddMaxx

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2009
Abu Dhabi/NJ
View attachment 886292

Max is doing pretty good. He's healed up perfectly. I suspect that when I left the tank unattended for two weeks and the power went out the system crashed and my water went to crap which is what caused him to stress. His wounds are healed and he's eating like a horse again. He had just eaten 14 Jumbo Carnisticks before that pic was taken.

And yes, that is actually what he looks like.
:headbang2:headbang2

djaalix

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2011
Mahopac Falls, NY
damn man, power outtages are my biggest fear, i didnt see that part of your post.... i have a generator, but if i'm not home to plug it in it isnt much of a help.... always scares me.... i'd say thats one of the positives of a canister filter over an overflow.... it only takes a few hours for all the bio media to dry up with overflows, then the tank has to recycle and the ammonia burst from all the dead bacteria is a nightmare!!! had it happen once, and it sucked.... glad Max made it through... thank goodness they are rough and tough fish

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
damn man, power outtages are my biggest fear, i didnt see that part of your post.... i have a generator, but if i'm not home to plug it in it isnt much of a help.... always scares me.... i'd say thats one of the positives of a canister filter over an overflow.... it only takes a few hours for all the bio media to dry up with overflows, then the tank has to recycle and the ammonia burst from all the dead bacteria is a nightmare!!! had it happen once, and it sucked.... glad Max made it through... thank goodness they are rough and tough fish

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Tell me about it. :(

When I came home the tank was barely over 70* and it stunk from being stagnant. I suspect that he probably wouldn't have made it much longer. I had to go out of town for two weeks for the birth of my son, nothing less than that would make me go away from my fish lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store