making my indoor pond an outdoor heated pond

Dr Joe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Sixty Miles South of Tampa Florida
HD, Lowes etc. have weathertite boxes for the electrical, box in the filter and insulate sameas tank(don't forget bottom).

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
tnx dr. joe, I will start gathering my supplies for the task at hand. I'll take some pics and post here when i get it underway. I expect it to take me a month or so to do everything unless I happen to stumble on someone who's rich and willing to give me $1000 dollars or so.

Dr Joe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Sixty Miles South of Tampa Florida
I'll keep my fingers crossed for a warm winter for you there.

You could move here (FLA) and commute? AWOL probably not an option, no such thing as a millitary sense of humor...:ROFL:

Good luck, if I can help just type.

KUP.

Dr Joe

provot

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2006
wyandotte MI, usa
as for the recepticals use the outdoor ones obviously and GFCI are a must and use submersible heaters then moisture shouldnt be an issue with either good luck

provot

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2006
wyandotte MI, usa
as for the recepticals use outdoor ones and GFCI's are a must with the heaters use submersible one and then moisture wont be an issue with either good luck

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
That homeade heater looks like a good way to go. Do the elements come with all the wiring or do you have to wire it yourself? Will this application with lead piping be good for use with fish? Dr. Joe, wish I could go awol. lol. Sure it would look really good on an MP in the military to go awol. lol. Oh well. Can't wait til next time I have to move. A 2000 mile road trip with the fishes. Look for me here again then lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store