Male FHs in divided tank?

Garr218

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2018
Hi,

Would it be okay to keep two male flowerhorns in a tank with a divider?
Would there be any negative effects on the fish?

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Hi,

Would it be okay to keep two male flowerhorns in a tank with a divider?
Would there be any negative effects on the fish?
What size tank? If you divide it with something solid that makes it so they won’t be able to see each other than I don’t see any problems with it, otherwise I think they’d almost constantly be up against the divider until one dies.

Reactions: ..puSkar..

Garr218

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2018
What size tank? If you divide it with something solid that makes it so they won’t be able to see each other than I don’t see any problems with it, otherwise I think they’d almost constantly be up against the divider until one dies.
It's a 125 gallon.
I currently have them divided, they dont act aggressive to each other like they're not ramming the divider or trying to bite.
I've noticed a lot of like shaking behavior, which I'm not sure how to interperate

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
It's a 125 gallon.
I currently have them divided, they dont act aggressive to each other like they're not ramming the divider or trying to bite.
I've noticed a lot of like shaking behavior, which I'm not sure how to interperate
The shaking is them trying to intimidate the other

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Digging is just cichlids being cichlids.

Reactions: Poseidon2.0

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia
It's a 125 gallon.
Sounds likes it working out. If it ever becomes problematic then you have to block their sight of each other.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store