Male young dovii killing female dovii

Toiletcar

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2008
USA
Dovii I in a 125 with other fish will soon have the same out come.
Yup. They grow fast. I have a 150g and wouldn’t even consider a dovii even as a grow out because I don’t have a 300g already up and cycling.
OP-the reason no one says tank size for a quarantine tank is because it’s temporary. Obviously if you have bigger fish, you need a bigger quarantine. I use a 25g, because my largest fish will get 10” full grown. Also a quarantine tank shouldn’t be a grow out tank. Especially for something that grows fast and large.

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Chicago area
The dovii is in a 37 gallon quarantine. the curveball was that the owner had to get rid of as many as possible by the way had multiple in one tank so I ended up taking two for the price of one. I'm ok with the dovii moving to the 125. as far as cycling another largee tank that's just timing if you do things the right way you can easily have things set up for the transfer.

Kvandy

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2018
Roseville, MI
If it was me I would put the female in a tank by herself with super clean water , no light , a good hiding spot and feed night crawlers and cut tilapia and go light on the meds.

Reactions: Irecruitfish

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Chicago area
If it was me I would put the female in a tank by herself with super clean water , no light , a good hiding spot and feed night crawlers and cut tilapia and go light on the meds.
I was able to set up a 10 gallon tank(only extra tank I have) yesterday evening . Woke up today this morning and the tank smelled awful. Did a fresh water change just now.

Any reasons for this smell? Can a 10 gallon tank with a double HOB filter not work? Smelled like a dead mouse. All I added to the water yesterday for the 10 gallon tank with a dechlorinator prazipro and some aquarium salt.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store