Man vs Bear

Rob909

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2018
Fontana, CA
I watched the first 3 episodes. It looked pretty cool at first and reminded me of Steve Austin’s Broken Skull Challenge. I have mixed emotions about it though.
On one hand, to be that close to a bear and competing against it must be exhilarating.
But on the other hand, I wonder how much of it is theatrics that they add in on the final cut. Like the bear growls, chase scenes, etc.
I found it very hard to believe the network would allow a show to air with this much liability, but if you look closely, there are electric wires between the competitors and the bears.
I also find myself a little bored with the same events over and over. At least Broken Skull Challenge mixed up the events.
Im also a little disappointed with the fact that they’re not necessarily competing against pure strength, but how fast the bear completes each of its tasks. Take the final event for example: some are pushed directly into the crater immediately, while some don’t get pushed as hard by the bear and are able to score a better time. Seems like a lot more luck than strength if the bear isn’t giving it’s full push every time.

this sounds like a lot of negativity I’m sure, but at the end of the day, the entertainment value is there. I just don’t know how many more episodes I’ll watch, it’s getting a little old to me.

Supergeorge123

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2018
I think almost all of it is edited in. Even trained bears could kill someone easily, even if it was unintentional. That's what happened to Stephen Miller. Kind of a sorry state of affairs given that they used to have shows that would actually teach you something. Now they just have people wandering around the woods naked and playing tug of war with bears.

• Haha
Reactions: Rob909

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Show is lame.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store