MANTIS SHRIMP!

schaadrak

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 4, 2007
Uppinnia
Man. Why does almost every mantis thread I read get brutal?

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
cause..... they're..... monster?

people seem to be getting in on the fad aspect of them, doofuses getting them cause they kill stuf. same thing the same doofuses do with prianha and large cichlids*

(*disclaimer, im not dissing anyon eiwht these fish, i'm dissing the redneck, imbred, lowbrow hicks that keep them CAUSE they do this, neglecting them at every turn)

Fish Eat Fish

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2007
Mankato
BIGgourami;1650928; said:
cause..... they're..... monster?

people seem to be getting in on the fad aspect of them, doofuses getting them cause they kill stuf. same thing the same doofuses do with prianha and large cichlids*

(*disclaimer, im not dissing anyon eiwht these fish, i'm dissing the redneck, imbred, lowbrow hicks that keep them CAUSE they do this, neglecting them at every turn)
I hope that was not in response to me...

I am not a redneck and I didnt just buy this guy to kill things. I bought him because he is a rare and beautiful ocean creature that happens to be an amazing predetor as well. I feed frozen daily and have only fed live once which IMO is not a bad thing as seeing the Mantis do what it was designed to is what keeping any aquarium pet is all about.

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
nope i'm talking baout the people who keep them innappropriatly, and only have them to show off to their friends...

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
nah just grow them out.... some good eating

schaadrak

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 4, 2007
Uppinnia
Actually I've heard they're pretty comparable to lobster as far as flavor and texture. They're just harder (and possibly more dangerous) to harvest.

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
i hear it's supposed to be a very sweet meat, more like crab

likestofish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2007
Duluth, GA
i think im going to try some than, H mart close by has mantis shrimp tails in the thailand seafood section right next to the snackheads

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store