March '09 - Name that Kitty for TUIC cash!

bigguapote

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2005
New Jersey
www.tangledupincichlids.com
Well I typically run out of day, then I run out of week, so naturally I run out of month too.
It's March trivia in April. Had I posted yesterday on April 1st, I might not have been taken too seriously.

Here's how we play it this month.

It's time for cat trivia. Real cats, famous cats, cartoon cats, cats with fins - they're all great, and they are the subject of this month's TUIC giveaway.

I'm going to post pictures below. Instead of the first one to identify the photos correctly wins (because I'm counting on that NOT happening so quickly this month!), I'll set a time limit for replies.
That way I can revisit this thread tomorrow AM and see how everyone did.
So cut off will be 2 AM EST (that's 11 PM for all of you out on the left coast).

Please post the common name (latin not necesary unless specified) or proper names for subjects of below pictures.

The entry with most correct answers will be awarded $ 50.00 in fish credit and the second most correct answering participant gets $ 25.00 in fish credit.

**It didn't occur to me that answers posted here could be copied on a later posts.
Someone just PM'd me in regards to that issue.

It's so much fun to view the replies to these questions, but that's an excellent point.

How about this - email me your answers to bigguapote1@verizon.net

I'll post them here tomorrow morning so we can still share your guesses after the contest is over.

Good luck (cat) fish lovers!

Picture # 1

picture # 2

picture # 3

picture # 4

picture # 5

There are seven different catfish (or at least parts of seven species) in this photo. Please list them all for full credit. I realize genus names on several have changed in recent years, so the bottom line is the correct species name is plenty good enough for me!

picture # 6

picture # 7

That's not Tom.

picture # 8

picture # 9

picture # 10

picture # 11

Not Pepe - I know HE'S no cat!

picture # 12

All three swinging cats' names please.

picture # 13

picture # 14

picture # 15

picture # 16

picture # 17

picture # 18

thefishguy7

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
Haha #4 is Salem from Sabrina the Teenage Witch, I used to watch that show all the time..

bigguapote

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2005
New Jersey
It didn't occur to me that answers posted here could be copied on a later posts.
Someone just PM'd me in regards to that issue.

It's so much fun to view the replies to these questions, but that's an excellent point.

How about this - email me your answers to bigguapote1@verizon.net

I'll post them here tomorrow morning so we can still share your guesses after the contest is over.

Thanks again!
Jeff

bigguapote

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2005
New Jersey
crenipterus svenagalus;2976545; said:
If it comes down to it, will the winner be who ever got the most correct?
Yes that's right.
But there will be two winners - most correct answers is worth 50.00 and 2nd most correct is worth 25.00

crenipterus svenagalus

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2008
ma
bigguapote;2976616; said:
Yes that's right.
But there will be two winners - most correct answers is worth 50.00 and 2nd most correct is worth 25.00
You are an awesome guy Jeff! I have ordered from you and called you for info on fish and you were awesome then. This brings it to another level. You are doing great things for this hobby! Thanks Jeff.

stevenrox

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2008
I AM LEGEND!
#1 persian cat
#3 loin cat
#4 black cat
#5 ones a chanel cat
#6 Mountain lion
#7 tom cat
#10 fat cat
#11 love cats
#14 bob cat
#18 CAT DOG!!
how many i got correct?:popcorn:

ryansmith83

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 2, 2008
Florida
I sent my answers in. The funny thing is that I don't know anything about catfish but I feel pretty confident about the rest. This was fun!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store