Mbielek

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2017
I had two of those do the exact same thing. i took the impeller out and soaked in vinegar for a few hours, then lubricated the magnet with a little Vaseline. and then when I put it back together i pushed the intake tube on firmly. then started the filter, it growled at me a little then I lightly lifted up on the intake tube until it stopped grinding/growling, but was still functioning. hope this helps. it worked for me
Thanks! Have it all apart now, will try to grease up the magnet before putting it back together.

Reactions: alecrromine

Mbielek

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2017
This worked!!! Took the inpeller rod off the impeller, put petroleum jelly on the rod and the magnet. Filled back up and turned on now the spray bars algae water again!! Very happy that I didn't have to go buy another marineland.

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
This worked!!! Took the inpeller rod off the impeller, put petroleum jelly on the rod and the magnet. Filled back up and turned on now the spray bars algae water again!! Very happy that I didn't have to go buy another marineland.

I have a couple of HOB filters that could use a tune up. Does the petroleum jelly cause any problems in the tank?

Mbielek

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2017
I have a couple of HOB filters that could use a tune up. Does the petroleum jelly cause any problems in the tank?
As far as I know it is safe, the water actually seems to beed off of the jelly.

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
If you want to be safe, they make a silicone hell type grease that I believe is pure silicone. It works the same way and since we know silicone is safe, it's safe.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store