marineland stand not flush with floor

coles

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2016
So in quite a few areas ive found i could fit an envelope between the stand bottom and the laminate floor . Should i worry about this? If so, what can i do to alleviate the problem? And ive also come to the conclusion using a 4 foot level on the floor there are some low and high spots. Should i just place it on the carpet somewhere? Just want to grt this tank set up lol. By the way. The stand is a marineland majesty with plywood as the bottom.

coles

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2016
Some places i can slide it all the way under as the picture shows. Some places i cant.

20160125_211313.jpg

smitty03281964

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 5, 2010
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
If you don't have water in the tank i would simply add a shim. Or you can do it on your next water change. But actually you will be fine either way.

coles

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2016
Okay cool. I could shim but idk if that would work.. it would hit the trim around the stand not where the legs hit the floor. Idk .

coles

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2016
Or maybe i could place a piece of cardboard under the stand? I would think even if it was compacted with the weight the cardboard should still make up the minimal clearence between my stand and floor. Or is this unsafe? The spot i have it now the stand without the tank on its perfectly level

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
So in quite a few areas ive found i could fit an envelope between the stand bottom and the laminate floor . Should i worry about this? If so, what can i do to alleviate the problem? And ive also come to the conclusion using a 4 foot level on the floor there are some low and high spots. Should i just place it on the carpet somewhere? Just want to grt this tank set up lol. By the way. The stand is a marineland majesty with plywood as the bottom.
I usually put down a piece of plywood a little bigger than the tank's footprint, then a piece of cardboard or foam the same size as the plywood to take the "play" out of it. Depends on the tank size, but I don't like any unevenness if I can help it, but you need to level the stand itself, I guess gonna be different. Just slide pieces or cardboard under the corners and use the level until it lines up.

Maduro

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2008
NY
Simple fix if you haven't filled tank. Pick up a large sheet of rigid foam board at home depot (or equivalent) place under tank...fill tank...trim off excess board without cutting floor.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store