Massivore and carnivore pellets?

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Thanks for the reply/info. Anyone have any idea what makes them promote growth better than other foods?
I would guess a combination of ingredients plus the strong odor attractant...my fish will literally shoot across the tank when they smell it. The more they eat the more they'll grow for sure...my jumbo parrots can easily scarf down 10 medium pellets a pop as can my baby O (who would explode if I let him). I generally put a cap on the feedings, they can't seem to get enough!

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
High protein high fat promotes growth in fish. 47% and 5% are minimum, not typical analysis. I once read the typical analysis of crude fat for massivore was close to 10%. So safe to assume typical analysis would be more along the lines of 50% protein/10% fat. Pretty nutrient dense for any adult fish, let alone those that spend most of their day laying around.

Increased palatability (taste/texture) equates to increased consumption. IMO far too many obese fish in this hobby, feed sparingly if choosing this diet, or one similar, for fish that aren't on the move 24/7.

Reactions: BichirMohawk

BichirMohawk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2016
The Hikari website and amazon shows that massivore/carnivore is now 5% fat not sure which is the updated version. Although to be honest the soybean meal has me concerned I don’t know if everyone who uses them are okay with it.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Take a closer look, they list minimum protein and fat levels. Not typical or average.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store