Massivore Question

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
Well this went nowhere. Not that I have much to add, but if I were trying to sell a pellet food at a high profit, I'd use a starchy filler, too. I've also noticed that almost all Hikari foods need MSG and even garlic in them for fish to think they are edible. Quite sad, really, how respected this product is. I was going to buy some Cichlid Gold until I read the ingredients. I think three out of the first four ingredients were NOTHING a fish would ever eat. It was mostly fillers and garbage.

I have a small bag I got free with an aquarium right here, actually. Here it is: Fish Meal (not needed) FLAKED CORN (bulls**t), wheat flour (you've seen the fish floating over the fields nibbling those wheat heads, haven't you?), gluten meal (Yay! Let's isolate the worst part of a grain, concentrate it and put it in this food!), brewers dried yeast (okay...), A.Niger fermentation extract (catfish poop, apparently), Garlic (appetite stimulant necessary for fish to even consider eating this), DL-methionine (sounds delicious!), MSG (another appetite stimulant with plenty of questionable applications in plenty of industries), and it just keeps going like this.

CrAzYNeSs

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2009
Here.
Wow. I had no idea. I just picked up my Cichlid Gold and read the ingredients.... all I can say is WTF. Monosodium glutamate? Are u serious!?!

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

mamapuff

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
Austin, Texas
CrAzYNeSs;4056266; said:
Wow. I had no idea. I just picked up my Cichlid Gold and read the ingredients.... all I can say is WTF. Monosodium glutamate? Are u serious!?!
Maybe they think it adds the sixth taste Umami to the food. :ROFL:

Greez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2010
Ilinois
CrAzYNeSs;4074895; said:
Its the MSG. The 5th Taste =]
I thought Umami was the 5th maybe you meant the 6th :ROFL:

This thread is depressing, I just read the whole thing and it all seems to go from bad to worse... Where is the up side, where is the person saying that there is a better food to feed my fish :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store