Matt724's OFFICIAL Neolamprologus Multifasciatus Photo Tank Journal [LOAD WARNING]

Matt724

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2009
SOCAL & ANN ARBOR, MI
(11/1/10) Wow, it's been a while huh? College apps have taken over my life. And after about 3 weeks without a good scrub down of the panes, this is what happened: (refer to first picture below) ewwww. not only is that lots of green film algae on the front pane, but do you guys see how much hair algae is on the back wall? They're like green clouds! Well, I decided it was unbearable since I couldn't see anything for almost a month so today I went in and did a rough 30 second scrub down and bam! not so bad looking now. AND, I found at least 4 more fry!!! Amazing what happens when you leave things to just run by themselves! Yep, they even appear to be of different sizes which suggests maybe as many as 2 separate batches on top of the first 3 fry that I found, which have been doing great! they've grown at an unbelievable rate and are venturing out of their shells and into the open current as much as their parents. Here are the pics: ENJOI

nasty!!

CLEANED!!!

current landscaping

Center of the pile

one from the first batch

more fry

parents

first "mouth-full-o'-sand" pic!

odd man out (literally)

Tom LoFaro

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2010
11704 NY
Love to look of the algae on the 3d background. Can you keep 2 pairs in one tank? I'd suggest trying to find another partner, if they're community fish, I'm sure the odd one out would enjoy the company whether male or female, haha.

TheFishJunky

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2008
Jersey
looks great.Love how they totally rearranged that tank even as small as they are.Must have took them little guys forever.Congrats on the spawn as well.Some of the best breeding happens in a tank you can barely see in :cheers:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store