Matt's 40 Gallon CA Tank *UPDATE*

Matt724

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2009
SOCAL & ANN ARBOR, MI
Just an update from my other thread which wasn't getting a lot of traffic: http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280758

got a new swordtail (will they breed even though she's slightly bulkier and completely different color and probably sp.?), decided to keep the aquascape the same for now (fish seem to be getting used to it, esp loaches even though I don't personally love it) until I sell the other fish that aren't CA (all non CA fish up for sale-shoot me a price), and got a used Jebao 818 external filter (still cleaning - pics later).

Current stock:
5 herotilapia multispinosa - not for sale
1 angelfish - for sale
1 yoyo loach - for sale
1 corydora - for sale
2 swordtails - not for sale
4 harlequin rasboras - for sale
1 bolivian ram - for sale
2 chinese algae eaters - for sale
1 Schistura mahnerti - maybe for sale

Any/all comments/feedback/criticism appreciated.

IMG_0125.JPG

IMG_0132.JPG

IMG_0124.JPG

IMG_0126.JPG

IMG_0139.JPG

IMG_0135.JPG

IMG_0141.JPG

Matt724

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2009
SOCAL & ANN ARBOR, MI
Plec123;3679482; said:
very nice! what species of cichlid is that?
Thanks! It's a herotilapia multispinosa, if that's what you're looking for. I also have a bolivian ram in there and only other cichlid is the angelfish.

New Video: [YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cgbElG8DqIk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cgbElG8DqIk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

Bonzo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2007
CA
Nice fish and scape. Gotta love rainbow cichlids. How did you find so many river rocks?

Matt724

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2009
SOCAL & ANN ARBOR, MI
BIG NEWS!: I think the 2 biggest rainbows are in breeding mode. Their bottom fins turned black and on who i think is the male, his bottom half is turning jet black. I fed them 2 slices of blanched cucumber and they ate it up along with the loaches. They really seemed to like it. I'll post pics if anything happens.

Matt724

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2009
SOCAL & ANN ARBOR, MI
New jebao 818 filter set up and running! the green tubes are a little distracting, but I think I can make it work once I rescape after I sell off my fish.

Pic 1: (stack order: 1st = top, 4th = bottom) top left - filter wool, top right - filter wool sandwiched between 2 filter pads, bottom left - filter wool and sponge, bottom right - big and small ceramic rings.

Pic 2: I tied some string on the bottom on, so that whenever I need to replace something, I can easily access it by pulling it from the top.

Pic 3: tubes a little bit too long, might need to cut some slack off.

Pic 5: tankshot. Green tubes kinda off.

Pic 6: my rainbows lost their breeding colors without breeding =(

Pic 7: my male swordtail's tail is pretty long now, didn't notice b4.

Pic 8: can never tell the difference between female swordtails and platies. they haven't bred yet, so I'm growing fears that this is a platy =(

IMG_0150.JPG

IMG_0151.JPG

IMG_0155.JPG

IMG_0157.JPG

IMG_0160.JPG

IMG_0163.JPG

IMG_0174.JPG

IMG_0177.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store