Mature Male henlei Claspers?

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
I wonder if there is something that makes them mature faster, i.e genetics or diet. What do you feed JK and what do the rest of you feed?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
There is a henlei trio in the tank only and a black aro, the females are growing like crazy, the male gets the least of the food of the three as they out eat him.

I feed earthworms 2-3 days a week (2 doz), tilapia fillet cut (large fillet not the skimpy crap) 3-4 days per week and always add massivore and 3mm NLS pellets as extras in each feeding and in the morning. They do not eat on Sundays or will get just the pellets. Tanks on 4 GPH drip system.

Sent from Samsung 4G Microwave

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
I'm not complaining by any means or think anything is wrong I just have seen males like the above at smaller sizes and mature and damn I'm jealous...

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
I'm not complaining by any means or think anything is wrong I just have seen males like the above at smaller sizes and mature and damn I'm jealous...

I was just curious myself as I don't actually have any Rays. It is an interesting topic. Perhaps it is more genetic and similar to us in the way that some will mature faster than others. You remember that kid in high school that had a full grown beard at 15 years old lol. He's the mature, large clasper ray.

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
You remember that kid in high school that had a full grown beard at 15 years old lol. He's the mature, large clasper ray.

LMAO! Yes I know that kid... he is on my 15 year old sons basketball team. Yet I still could not grow a beard like that as a grown man.. punk ass kids these days..

eklikewhoa

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2012
Nha Trang, Vietnam
My male hen is the same way, had a near same age motoro drop some huge claspers while my hen looked like a female still. Removed the other male for about 4-5months now and still nothing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store