• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pudgeking

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
New York City
voted for 9, because the look is amazing. I almost voted for something else because I can't see any fish in 9, but nothing caught my eye quite as much.

aclockworkorange

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
I do look at all those points too. But agreeing with Fat Homer, if say, that tank had an Aro or some other fish that did not match the tank, people would vote on it simply cause it has an Aro in it or their favorite fish, or because it was a friends tank. I have seen people going around and posting in people's profile/visitor comment area asking for votes. I think they should be disqualified for this.
I agree an aro would be way out of place, but maybe some more schooling fish, angels or discus, or a pair of small other type of SA cichlid would make 12 pop. It is a really nice planted tank, the only thing that bugs me is the one stem of ludwigia on the left.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
What Fat Homer is trying to say is people will vote on a tank all cause it has Aros, bichers, pbass, rays, dats, and/or piranhas regardless if the tank itself is lousy. I've seen many TOTM and POTM won just cause of this bias. There is little cliques on here and people generally vote for their friends and favorite fish.
Thanks you for clearing that up for me :) and yes, that was the point i was trying to get across...

Also, would certain fish ruin an aquascaped tank for me? Honestly, not really? Unless they absolutely did not belong in a particular setting...

For example, if you had a very nice and delicately aquascaped / planted tank by say Takashi Ammano and it had a lung fish in it, then i might think it was a bit unusual since it wouldnt make sense to me...

But some type of chiclids in a hard scaped tank i could appreciate...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Wow, this has been one of the closest TOTM we've had in a while...

So i'm going to have to root for my Favorite here... GO NUMBER 12!!!

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
I do look at all those points too. But agreeing with Fat Homer, if say, that tank had an Aro or some other fish that did not match the tank, people would vote on it simply cause it has an Aro in it or their favorite fish, or because it was a friends tank. I have seen people going around and posting in people's profile/visitor comment area asking for votes. I think they should be disqualified for this.
Use the report function to report this when you see it and they will be. Thanks!

Ash

I dum care =]
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2005
Tampa
Yes if anyone is posting up their tank number soliciting votes its an automatic disqualification so please report it.

If you enter this contest please remember this is an ANONYMOUS contest. If you are going to solicit for votes I will pull your entry.

yama

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2006
nashville
11 looks great ! live plants awsome!!!! fish wise 7 and 14 Most Impressive!!!!!

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
12- this is one of my favorite planted tank of all time. totally want to know what type of plants that was in there. totally too cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store