MBU on Bottom?

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
My mbu is always on bottom also. So how did you get yours to move again? Mine is in a 125 long with some other fish that mainly hide. He is very docile. He eats 2x a day sometimes but not a lot at once. A couple of live small snails in am and at night 1/2 shell clams about 3 to 4. He seems happy but like I said just hangs out in the corner. I have 2 medium clown loaches that hide except at night and 3 small tetras and 3 tiny green cories plus a morymid dolphin fish that always hides - I have a lot of hiding spaces for those fish. They are out at night when mbu is sleeping. I have well water which may upset them but all my fish have to deal with this. He is always happy to see me he does move a little when he sees me and when he eats but other than that he is a couch potato. Nothing like what I see other mbus on youtube. Thanks for any replies.
How long have you had your puffer??? And how big is he???

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
OP sorry, i realized hes 9" but how long you had him for???

Jobu28

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2013
NC
I think its the tank mates also. Fish need to feel secure to be comfortable, just because a fish is in with really shy fish doesn't mean it is comfortable. Sometimes you need to have non aggressive fish that just swim around. When the shy fish sees the other fish freely out in the open it makes them feel comfortable. Just my thoughts?

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
How long have you had him though, if you can answer that, would give us a bit more to work with and maybe answer why hes acting "funny"..,

Jobu28

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2013
NC
I'm the original OP. Mine is good now. But bichir chic also asked on this thread a few post ago and that was who I was answering? I don't have any of her info

Omar Tinsley

Feeder Fish
Jun 7, 2017
Hello guys,

Tank is 4 1/2 ft by 2 ft j have a mbu puffer 6" with 1 parrot fish 5 discuss. Isn't bothered by any other fish, he normally eats 1-2 muscles daily but hasn't eaten since Wednesday. So 1 week now. 0 ammonia And 0 nitrite. Nitrate =40 -50 (tap water is high where I live). I have 2 big air stones and a juwel filter. All he seems to be doing is sitting at the top of the tank which he normally doesn't do. He's also breathing very heavily and looks abit fat asif he is bloated. Please can someone give me some advice.
I done a 40% change Sunday and another 10% Tuesday. After the water change I also treated for bacterial infection.

The fish is also flicking sometimes.

Please help

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store