Medication question

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Thank you Rocksor Rocksor , I am finishing furan and it's the 5th day today so by 7th day is it alright to treat the fish that has swim bladder issue or it needs to rest?
I would treat for SB after removing the medication from the water using water changes .

Reactions: syntaxx

syntaxx

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2010
Philippines
Hi Rocksor Rocksor , is it something that need to treat the entire tank as well or I can just treat the one with SB on a hospital tank?

TwoTankAmin

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2008
New York
I hate to do this to you, but I have had only one case of head standing and it was y last discus. I kept a pair trying to breed them in a 25 gal. When all got was eggs and no fry I finally gave up. He was fine and living alone in the tank, Apparently he got spooked, swam hard into the glass and soon went nose down. My first thought was swim bladder. But it was really brain damage as far as I can tell. It lived that way for about another 6 months never able to right itself although it tried now and them.

• Wow

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Hi Rocksor Rocksor , is it something that need to treat the entire tank as well or I can just treat the one with SB on a hospital tank?
What are you planning to treat it with?

syntaxx

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2010
Philippines
I hate to do this to you, but I have had only one case of head standing and it was y last discus. I kept a pair trying to breed them in a 25 gal. When all got was eggs and no fry I finally gave up. He was fine and living alone in the tank, Apparently he got spooked, swam hard into the glass and soon went nose down. My first thought was swim bladder. But it was really brain damage as far as I can tell. It lived that way for about another 6 months never able to right itself although it tried now and them.
TwoTankAmin TwoTankAmin I doubt he hit something as I have 4-5 discus floats on their side and I thought I am losing them all. Fortunately, 2 of them survived and one had swimming upside down.

What are you planning to treat it with?
Hi Rocksor Rocksor , I currently have Magna Salt from Ocean free and Bactocide 2 from Discus X. I am thinking of using Bactocide 2 first.

syntaxx

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2010
Philippines
Also in treating fish. Does exact time matters? Ex: I started my furan treatment 11am on the first day. It's 7th day today do I need to start the bactocide 2 treatment at 11am too?

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
It doesn’t have to ge that exact. Generally with antibiotics you will see results before the last day. As long as the treatment period ends the day it’s supposed to, it’s fine

syntaxx

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2010
Philippines
Thank you Rocksor Rocksor !

syntaxx

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2010
Philippines
Good news. Bactocide 2 fixed my swim bladder issue! Anyway Rocksor Rocksor , I tested my kH and in 3 drops the water turns yellow. I read that discus ideal is 3-8dkH What does that mean?

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Good news. Bactocide 2 fixed my swim bladder issue! Anyway Rocksor Rocksor , I tested my kH and in 3 drops the water turns yellow. I read that discus ideal is 3-8dkH What does that mean?
3degrees of kH means that in 1 week you will see your PH drop because of the nitrification process if you don’t do water changes. If you don’t want your ph to drop, do 2 water changes a week of around 50% minimum.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store