Meet Katie the Blood Parrot

LifeT

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2019
Noticed this section is Flowerhorn heavy ? I get it there seriously cool fish ...but thought I'd dilute it a little with a couple of pics of our BloodParrot Katie ( although I guess its male) but the mother in law think it looks like katie price ??. Her she is , currently living in a 180g with a odd mix of tank mates but since the JD's have been removed she's the Boss and loving it. 1st pic is recent, 2nd is not long after we got her a few months ago.

20191025_184218.jpg

20190612_135939.jpg

boxerlover

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 19, 2007
indiana
I just got a "rescue". Saw at the lfs the other day and thought it wasn't going to last long, it was in with another one, obviously getting bullied. Figured they would move it. Came back a couple days later and it was still in the tank. Pointed it out to them and they just gave it to me! Got it in it's own tank to heal, it's been hiding since. Hope it makes it

LifeT

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2019
I just got a "rescue". Saw at the lfs the other day and thought it wasn't going to last long, it was in with another one, obviously getting bullied. Figured they would move it. Came back a couple days later and it was still in the tank. Pointed it out to them and they just gave it to me! Got it in it's own tank to heal, it's been hiding since. Hope it makes it
With it being on its own it stands the best chance to heal , good on you for giving it a chance, fingers crossed it recovers , keep me posted bud .

boxerlover

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 19, 2007
indiana
Update on my rescue, named it Lola! She is still skittish when I approach the tank but definitely has an appetite. Her tail is recovering but her color is still a little off, hopeing time will help with that. I'll work on getting a pic.

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Katie is cute as a button, she's filled out nicely! Keep up the good work. She'll get big in that 180.

My LFS has a monstrous "old couple" parrot pair the size of small pumpkins...gotta be around 10 years old. They 'kiss and play' like people.

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Update on my rescue, named it Lola! She is still skittish when I approach the tank but definitely has an appetite. Her tail is recovering but her color is still a little off, hopeing time will help with that. I'll work on getting a pic.
Give Lola a colorful and stimulating environment with loads of hides and places to explore. Sit by the tank and talk so she can get used to the vibrations of your voice. Add a bubbler. A trick I find works really good is pretend to be shy yourself. Take a sheet of paper next to your face and do a "peek-a-boo" by peeping slowly over the edge then cover your face. Parrots are full of curiosity, when they see something odd it draws them out from shyness. Just repeat this steadily each day.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store