Meet Tina the Terror! (GTC)

NotReallyCatfishGuy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2018
Kansas
Here are some pics of Tina just now. She is kinda discolored right now (the dot isn't even present) but earlier the 'middle dot' on her body was black as night and she looked perfectly fine. she fluctuates between moods at different times in the day.

There's also a pic of my current setup. this seem okay or do I need less exposure? I won't be able to rescape until I move into my new house, which I'm surprised isn't happening yet. Furniture will start being moved as of tomorrow though.
IMG_8722.JPG IMG_8723.JPG IMG_8724.JPG IMG_8725.JPG

NotReallyCatfishGuy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2018
Kansas
I would turn the pot around, so it can hide in there and not be seen. Otherwise looks great for a temporary arrangement.
Seems like it'll work. Another question, why does she make all these craters? She's uprooted ALL of my anacharis at least 3 times with these holes.

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
How old is she? And size? Gt's can breed at a rather young age, she may be signaling she is ready. The pits are for fry to hang out in after they hatch.

NotReallyCatfishGuy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2018
Kansas
How old is she? And size? Gt's can breed at a rather young age, she may be signaling she is ready. The pits are for fry to hang out in after they hatch.
I'd say she's a generous 3.8". I don't know how old she is because I'm not her first owner.

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Around 4in sounds right tho. I had a female drop eggs around that size. 20180402_194124.jpg

See her egg tube down. Keep an eye out for that.

astrocreep

Piranha
MFK Member
May 30, 2018
Tulsa, OK
The previous owner had her jump from like 3 ft. up with no scratches, I believe she'll be okay, plus she just ate like 7 cichlid gold pellets in less than a minute 30.

I might look into making lids like that..
I might just put together a quick How To thread on these foam lids. Super easy to make.

NotReallyCatfishGuy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2018
Kansas
Around 4in sounds right tho. I had a female drop eggs around that size. View attachment 1333456

See her egg tube down. Keep an eye out for that.
Excuse me if I quoted you multiple times, my pc is getting real slow.

That's a beautiful Terror! I'll be looking for the egg spot. She can drop infertile eggs, right?

Also, Do you think 75 gallons would be okay to breed two green terrors? (I could use another 75 to separate just in case) My lfs said they have been looking for GTs because they haven't gotten any in since 2014.

I'll even ask but I won't be able to get a male for Tina until petco's wifi is back up (they can't order any fish while at the store because of the wifi)

I will only be getting one 75 gallon, but I can ask my mom and dad to get me the other 75 I was looking at as a Christmas present, if it's still listed, though I'm not worried about that since the most recent listing out of the two was posted 2 months ago. The one I'm gonna get is $100, so is the other one.

I'm not getting my hopes up for GT breeding until I actually have both 75s and both GTs PID'd

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store