Megalancistrus after a hard day of work.

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
Funny this thread came up I thought my fish was the only brain dead one

C40AFE08-755A-4DDE-AB69-BDE8CFE696C2.jpeg

Red Aimara

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
Laying on its back on the floor? Nope. Only a couple of times hanging on the wood.

About 2 weeks in my tank with white tank as substrate. Big eater despite its size. :)

Rotaryp04s

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2011
Gold mega has always been my grail.

Have read many times about mega turning from gold to black but not the other way round.

Perhaps more keepers can chip in with their experience.
I had my mega for 3 months now it was super dark when I got it I find all white tank do help it color up mine also have a big appetite.

Red Aimara

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
I had my mega for 3 months now it was super dark when I got it I find all white tank do help it color up mine also have a big appetite.
Is it the sole pleco in the tank?

Possible to share its diet?

I am feeling hopeful that I can turn mine to gold now. :D

Rotaryp04s

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2011
Is it the sole pleco in the tank?

Possible to share its diet?

I am feeling hopeful that I can turn mine to gold now. :D
It eats massivore,carnivores, hikari algae wafers, market shrimps, I tried to keep it with other plecos but it didn’t work it the most aggressive pleco I ever owned. It never back down even when it losing the fight it just keep going and going so now only pleco with it is a albino sailfin that stay clear of it way.

Orthopod

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2010
Seattle
It eats massivore,carnivores, hikari algae wafers, market shrimps, I tried to keep it with other plecos but it didn’t work it the most aggressive pleco I ever owned. It never back down even when it losing the fight it just keep going and going so now only pleco with it is a albino sailfin that stay clear of it way.
I agree with you - I had one that became so aggressive that he attempted to pin free swimming fish like geos and would fight nonstop with all the plecos in the tank. I had to separate him as a result.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store