MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Nice purchase.

Fiat4

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2017
Put him in a big tank,if you want him to grow fast,I have a few some at "24. They are monsters when big and aggressive with other fish,, give him lots of space,,good luck

Reactions: tlindsey

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
It's not that Melman is a stupid name per se. I think Jeff had merely been corrected. Perhaps by one of his children or worse by a better half.

Put him in a big tank,if you want him to grow fast,I have a few some at "24. They are monsters when big and aggressive with other fish,, give him lots of space,,good luck
What "species" are yours or at least from what river(s) are they?

May we see them? Have you got a thread on yours yet?

Fiat4

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2017
Hey,not sure,,I'm a private collecter,and I also do fish rescue for monster fish ,so I get them sometimes,, mine are huge pushing 24" but they turn dark brown or even black sometimes once passed the "18 Mark, so hard to tell what they are,, but good luck,,feed him good,,give him cut up fish sometimes,mine love it,,small pieces,,but make sure you have big tank,other wise it wont grow big,, the longer the better,,more space to swim,, I keep my fish with big shovel cats ,iris,sharks etc. But they are aggressive with their own king when big,,

TexasMFK31

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2017
Hey,not sure,,I'm a private collecter,and I also do fish rescue for monster fish ,so I get them sometimes,, mine are huge pushing 24" but they turn dark brown or even black sometimes once passed the "18 Mark, so hard to tell what they are,, but good luck,,feed him good,,give him cut up fish sometimes,mine love it,,small pieces,,but make sure you have big tank,other wise it wont grow big,, the longer the better,,more space to swim,, I keep my fish with big shovel cats ,iris,sharks etc. But they are aggressive with their own king when big,,

He'll soon be moving to my 80x48. Building a 96x65 this coming year. I think he'll have room there.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store