Memorial Pond

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hope they are all well
Unfortunately they are not:shakehead

I’ve been working on clearing snow and water off the tarp. This winter really blow up in my face. I got part of the tarp pulled back and am devastated.
I’m so physically sick over this. I’ve known this for a couple days now, but I still haven’t fully processed it and don’t want to believe it.
It’s such a big loss, I... I don’t even know what to say.

Reactions: jaws7777

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Ugh man.... dont even need to ask. Just sorry

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
There's been far too much bad news going on around here.

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Ugh man.... dont even need to ask. Just sorry
I am too. I’m sure there are things I should have done differently looking back, but what’s done is done now. I’m so angry and in disbelief.

There's been far too much bad news going on around here.
There really has been. Too many members have been hit with issues in the past couple weeks.

The plan for right now is to continue working to clear the tarp off so I can gather bodies as they are free from the ice.
From there I’m not sure yet. My husband and I have been talking about it and I think we will take a year to make adjustments to the pond. We weren’t thrilled with the inside shape of the pond and have wanted to fix it for a year now. So this will be our chance to kinda redo everything.
I need an upgraded filtration system and we want to have backup everything.
Trying to find a positive to keep me going. I’m really not looking forward to the cleanup ahead of me. Visually it’s going to be very difficult.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I am too. I’m sure there are things I should have done differently looking back, but what’s done is done now. I’m so angry and in disbelief.

There really has been. Too many members have been hit with issues in the past couple weeks.

The plan for right now is to continue working to clear the tarp off so I can gather bodies as they are free from the ice.
From there I’m not sure yet. My husband and I have been talking about it and I think we will take a year to make adjustments to the pond. We weren’t thrilled with the inside shape of the pond and have wanted to fix it for a year now. So this will be our chance to kinda redo everything.
I need an upgraded filtration system and we want to have backup everything.
Trying to find a positive to keep me going. I’m really not looking forward to the cleanup ahead of me. Visually it’s going to be very difficult.
Im sorry it sucks. I just lost a fish that was basically the family mascot. This is the crap side of the hobby. I know how rough this winter was on you from the lounge posts. There was nothing you could do, not your fault

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Im sorry it sucks. I just lost a fish that was basically the family mascot. This is the crap side of the hobby. I know how rough this winter was on you from the lounge posts. There was nothing you could do, not your fault
Oh no, I’m sorry. It really is the biggest downside. I know pets don’t live forever and things happen, but knowing that doesn’t make it hurt any less when that day comes.

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
So sorry for your loss.

I was enjoying this thread until I saw the last posts. Such a shame. It must be horrible to experience. My heart still sinks about fish that I lost years ago and I never want to imagine losing them all at once.

Hopefully at least the new project and new fish plans will take some of the pain away.

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
So sorry for your loss.

I was enjoying this thread until I saw the last posts. Such a shame. It must be horrible to experience. My heart still sinks about fish that I lost years ago and I never want to imagine losing them all at once.

Hopefully at least the new project and new fish plans will take some of the pain away.
It is very painful. They are what started me in the hobby so it is a big blow. I’m still processing it and don’t think it will really fully hit me till I’ve cleaned out the whole pond. I keep holding out hope for just one survivor, but I know that’s foolish thinking.

Focusing on a redo I’m hoping will help. It’s just hard to even look out at the pond right now.

davemal

Piranha
MFK Member
May 15, 2007
Neath
As it gets so cold there maybe focus on building in lots of insulation or even put a polytunnel type green house over your pond in the winter.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store