Menarambo and Maculatus

Vince

Most Wanted
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2005
Illegal
www.wofc.org
Anton said:
Thanks for correcting my spelling icthyophile. I meant surgeon fish, not sturgeon fish. Sorry for that Vince.

Are these fish still available? Hard to find sources for these fish. I think the only supplier is from Europe. I knew someone who was able to spawn the maculatus but the fry would just not survive.
You know I don't even think sometimes that what I typed could be offensive, or harsh. I'm sorry. Sometimes we just don't realize how we come across.

I haven't seen any for sale for about a year now. I sincerely hope that they are not exticnt in captivity also. That is a horrible thought. :cry:

Caveman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2005
Washington State
I havent seen any for sale for a couple years now. I was looking to get some a few months back but had no luck so I had to settle for a few Green Chromides.

a2ana

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2005
MD
I know www.oldworldexoticfish.com has them. Check with them and see if a lfs in your area order fishes from them. You might be able to get what you are looking for.
I know for a fact that their fishes are of great quality and the service is excellent.
A bit late but I hope this helps.

Umbra

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
I myself might get back into madagascans... i used to keep P. Nourissati. By far one of the most aggressive cichlids I've ever kept, towards other fish but especially among one another. Nasty little creatures, once a pair spawns everything else in the tank has to be removed, whether the tank is 55 or 355 gallons. They've got some serious teeth too - a nip from an adult male hurts quite a bit.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store