MFK Book: Red-Tailed Catfish

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Did you take a look at that link I found for you earlier? Lots of good stuff for you in there.

Pond Pioneer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
Maryland USA
Did you take a look at that link I found for you earlier? Lots of good stuff for you in there.
I have it saved in my notes, that really helps my argument. I want to get my water gardening store onto building predator ponds, I would have never found those without you. Thank you!

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Go into every sub forum and look at EVERY stickied thread, they are the ones at the top that have a red push pin next to them.
That will help you.

Pond Pioneer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
Maryland USA
Yes O Captain! My Captain!

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Easier for newbies? LOL For some of us there was no internet when we first began in this hobby, no youtube, no fish forums. In the history of fish keeping, going back hundreds of years, today it is FAR easier for those new to fish keeping to jump online, spend some time researching (such as coming to forums such as this) and being successful from the get go. IMHO people that need to be spoon fed everything, won't last in this hobby, among other things first & foremost it requires dedication and a true love of fish. If you look at the data available through various sources you will see that the hobby of fish keeping (both marine & fresh) has grown steadily over the past few decades.

Based on total numbers, freshwater fish is the most popular pet category in the United States. There will always be swings & trends based on various factors, but I don't see the hobby as a whole suffering, because newbies can't find the info that they need. IMO, that's ludicrous.
Yeah, I really don't get why OP is going on and on about how the hobby needs saving lol -- as you suggest any objective analysis of the stats shows steady growth in the hobby.

And totally agreed on those who need to be spoon fed everything, it seems an increasing trend which is already getting old very fast to many of those who DID put it in the time/work to learn and grow.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
But if I look upside-down, the horse is in front of the cart!
What do you think I should do? Please share
So let me ask you a few questions if you will.
You work at a place that makes ponds? Or sets them up?
Is this your business or do you work there?
Do you or have you ever owned a fish tank/pond of your own?
Have you ever kept a monster fish of any sort?
Biggest fish you have personally owned?
Longest running tank? What was in it?

And an upside down cart and horse are still useless. Pretty sure if a horse is on its back its dead. Never owned a horse but maybe a horse owner could chime in?

Oompa Loompa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2016
Man I'm gonna be honest with you here, you are all over the place. What is your goal? What is the point of all these threads? Every one of your posts is about a totally different thing, it's hard to keep up with what you actually want to accomplish.

It sounds to me like you want to be the "new messiah" of the hobby, and create this utopia where everyone researches before getting a fish and everyone's got thousand plus gallon ponds for their fish and everyone gets along. I hate to break it to you, but that will never happen.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I'll be honest with you, I thought you came across ok in your original thread regarding your idea of care guides for monster fish. I thought there could be some mileage in it, if done properly.

But you are steadily going downhill fast on this now. You are digging a bit of a hole for yourself. It's obvious through what oompa loompa has said that this is a massive undertaking, and I don't think you realise that.

I do wish you all the luck in the world though.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
P Pond Pioneer I’m also going to be honest with you. In my short time here I’ve seen about 3-5 people like you. They had the same enthusiasm as you and absolutely loved fish keeping. I only see one of those people today and that’s because he hasn’t yet gotten his tank. Your type of enthusiasm is special, not a lot of people have it anymore, but the way you’re going about it isn’t the best comrade.

Your flame burns brighter than the others and it goes out much faster than the others.

Please consider taking it slower and work your way up to this because I don’t want to see your flame go out like the others.

Hopefully that made sense.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
P Pond Pioneer let's not jump the shark.

First and foremost, lose that document. You're putting the forum's name on something and drawing info from the forum for your own use. Without permission.

I will ban you for this.

If you want to be a hard charging, high speed go getter, then hooah. More power to you, and you have my support.

But keep it on the forum. Write posts to serve as updates to stickies. Research cool stuff that's not covered on the forum yet and make an interesting post to tell us about it. You call yourself Pond Pioneer? Cool, the pond area could use some love.

There's definitely a place for you in this community, but please, don't try to use this community as a jumping off point to make a name for yourself in this manner. The name will come with time, but you've gotta play by the rules.

That being said, if you want to write a book, then be my guest. But do your own research in the journals, and don't just copypasta the stuff on my forum.

Thank you.

ETA- lose the binocular avatar. All members must have an avatar related to the hobby.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store