MFK members Basic photo sessions from Prep to finish

greenterra

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
I thought I'd add this as well for anyone interested. I have been having great success with it lately. Just a simple use of an ice cream container and a cheap flash diffuser.
You can see the receiver mounted to the flash and the trigger that mounts to the cameras hot shoe sitting next to it.

You can see diffuser attached to the flash here.

The results from this setup.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Great tips in this thread... I guess im lucky in the sense i've been using photoshop for years, then 2 years ago picked up a 5D mk II and couldnt be happier with my pics even without using a flash...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
I'm tracking the use of the slave flash, I use mine essentially the same way, but what's the point of the master speedlight? Is it actually used or was Xander simply mentioning that it is equipment that he has?

xander

Manjuari
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Singapore
if you have a cable/pocket wizard/transmitter for the slave then there is no need for the master. if (like me 4 yrs ago) you don't however, a master will fire off the slaves

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
if you have a cable/pocket wizard/transmitter for the slave then there is no need for the master. if (like me 4 yrs ago) you don't however, a master will fire off the slaves
Ah ok. I fire my speedlight remotely off of a cable. Thanks man. :)

chonhzilla

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2007
Fresno CA
Three light setup with cyber syncs, for a long time I've used a Styrofoam box to reflect the light into the tank but always ended up with unwanted shadows, so tonight I played around with a lights a little bit and realized portrait photography can be used as well. Creating a rim light to fill the sides of the fish has yielded some very nice results.

IMG_3795 by ChonhLee, on Flickr

Setup is two speedlites side to side, and one alienbee B800 from the top. There will be a lot of light to penetrate the water depending on the depth and distance so apature will vary.

IMG_3847-2 by ChonhLee, on Flickr

Here you can see the speedlites from side to side lights up nicely.

IMG_3804Kel by ChonhLee, on Flickr

Quick and easy results with less than two minutes of editing to delete a few micro bubbles.

Enjoy, Thanks!
Chonh Lee

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store