MFK people with two or more Arows please post

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
tonymofo;876182; said:
Just got 8 Jardini in one tank. they killed the one that had a bulging eye. They ate his eyeball and proceed to chase and nip at him till I put him in the hospital tank where I found him dead this morning....RIP:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: ..... also have an 18 inch silver aro all by himself
oh that is wicked.. sorry ... wonder why they must have known he was weak.. hope they do not go after another.. how are they since then? How big are these guys...babies???

mr_jars

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 1, 2007
in yo river...
my 8-9 inch silver and my 4 inch jar.. sorry for the pics being so sloppy.. ill try get some tonight, as for my camera skills, im working on it

DSCN0469.JPG

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
mr_jars;886930; said:
my 8-9 inch silver and my 4 inch jar.. sorry for the pics being so sloppy.. ill try get some tonight, as for my camera skills, im working on it
Looking good and glad you posted.. how long have they been together?.. The baby is a sweetie.. tell the big guy to be good.. he is a handsome silver!! WHos been nipping at his bottom fins?? Do you have someone else in there besides the two arows.. looking forward to more pics when you can..thanks!

mr_jars

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 1, 2007
in yo river...
thanks for the comments liz.. um, the silver is in a 55 growout with 2 dragon gobies ( who never bother him because they're too busy sucking on bloodworms).. there is also a clown pleco that i will never see again because i just put that choice piece of wood in there for SMASH (the silver).. i also have a couple of butterfly loaches to clean that glass.. and Chomper( the jar) is right below the silver in a 30 Long Growout.. there is only a trinidad pleco with him.. i really do like the color on the trinidad.. But Chomper went from rags to riches.. when i first picked him up he was in a 55gal with a bunch of silvers a lil bit bigger and he had some dented scales and some fin rippage, but now he eats like a pig and is growing bigger each day.. ill try take some night pics as you can see my bob marley flag in the background glare.. thanks a again for the commment liz, and have an awesome day!

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
mr_jars;886974; said:
thanks for the comments liz.. um, the silver is in a 55 growout with 2 dragon gobies ( who never bother him because they're too busy sucking on bloodworms).. there is also a clown pleco that i will never see again because i just put that choice piece of wood in there for SMASH (the silver).. i also have a couple of butterfly loaches to clean that glass.. and Chomper( the jar) is right below the silver in a 30 Long Growout.. there is only a trinidad pleco with him.. i really do like the color on the trinidad.. But Chomper went from rags to riches.. when i first picked him up he was in a 55gal with a bunch of silvers a lil bit bigger and he had some dented scales and some fin rippage, but now he eats like a pig and is growing bigger each day.. ill try take some night pics as you can see my bob marley flag in the background glare.. thanks a again for the commment liz, and have an awesome day!
OH he will be fine then.. he is beautiful and hope it did not bother you that i noticed, i just seem to be more aware beware because my one cat fish was nipping at my oscars fins.. and i happened to notice it in time before any thing came of it.. best of luck to you with both your beautiful Arows and try to post more pics soon.. i will be looking for them.. thanks again..LIZ

mr_jars

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 1, 2007
in yo river...
it was weird how his fin started ripping, one day from doing a routine WC, he got scared, bumped his head on the hood and had minor scratches on his head, but the next day i noticed some ripps in his fins starting, what you are seeing the pics above is about maybe 2 weeks at the most (from when they started ripping).. melafix and pimafix doesnt seem to be working, any suggestions??

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
mr_jars;887001; said:
it was weird how his fin started ripping, one day from doing a routine WC, he got scared, bumped his head on the hood and had minor scratches on his head, but the next day i noticed some ripps in his fins starting, what you are seeing the pics above is about maybe 2 weeks at the most (from when they started ripping).. melafix and pimafix doesnt seem to be working, any suggestions??
It takes a little time to grow out the fins.. how long has it been since you noticed them nipped looking.... as long as nothing is bothering him and they are not getting worse ...they will end up getting better.. add a little salt to tank to make sure no fungus or infection starts up only if you notice problems with his scales yet.. but the fins look fine in the pic.. just looked nipped.. keep a close eye on it..but i think he should be fine.. especially if he is eating good etc.. if you take a picture today and tommorrow you notice fins are nipped more i would suspect someone is doing it.. ;)Make sure you inquire on correct aquarium salt amount if and when you need to use it.. we use it when scales are roughed up to avoid infection.. but the proper amount is important vs. the size tank you have..

Pangong_ilong

I want one too !
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
Fresh Meadow, NY
WC every other day is fine. He will really enjoy the clean water. And he will grow fast too. Small aro are really skittish.

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
mr_jars;887020; said:
i do WC's every other day, maybe im dooing it too much...
we usually treat a tank with medicine and let the water change go a couple of days.. other wise the medicine does not have a chance to work..;) I just want to add that your silver is looking very healthy in the pic.. and a few fins nipped looking is nothing on a baby..couple of months and your going to have a fine fins.. nothing to worry about thats for sure.. you have a beautiful babyx's two!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store