MFK symbol carved on rock for tank decor...

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Probably the Poly section
hey all am planning to carve the mfk symbol onto a rock to put into my new world cichlid setup. ya know the ]V[ or ]v[ with the devil tail:headbang2. anyone else ever done this:D??? at my local aquarium they have their logo in all of their tanks on a piece of wood or stone or even the back ground. i will post pix of it as i get it done. quick question should i carve it on shale, sandstone, or some other rock??? we have lots of granite and quartzite near my house??? thanks

taninsama

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2009
Sierra Vista, AZ
This sounds like an awesome idea! I would def. go with something with a dark color. Slate or a dark granite would probably be best. Are you going to do it yourself, or get someone to do it?

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
i will be doing it myself. i will make a little one for my 30, then make the biggest one i can for my 125. i think the shale will do ok, it scratches really easy, i am going to carve it into the rock using a nail or chisel, whatever works:)

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
sorry it is being put on hold, i sort of broke my arm. cant hold the tools with a cast. @$%& u longboard!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store