MFK's Craigslist Deal of the Year competition 2013

reptileguy112

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2014
California
I got a 700g saltwater tank with all fish, corals, supply, ect for free.They even brought it to my house and gave me a bunch of marine salt.... just kidding but wouln't that be so easy???That would just be winning "the cheap person award"

INTHECOWBOYSWETRUST

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2013
TOLEDO OHIO
This would have been a great idea if you could really trust people to tell the truth.. There is just no way you can show a screen shot of the craigslist ad, What if they bought it a few months ago? The ad would not still be up by the time you started this Thread...

I think I just like the idea of this Thread because I honestly believe I would have won it!!!! I bought a 360 gallon acrylic tank made out of 1" thick acrylic with a big built in overflow for $150...

And that is the honest to god truth!!!! I seen the ad and all it said was " HUGE FISH TANK NEED GONE NOW!!! " $150 come get it now if you can. So I called the guy and he said he just bought the house at auction and the tank was in the house, He said it's so big and heavy me and 3 of my guys could not move it, I just want $150 and it out of the house..

He didn't know anything about it or how many gallons it was only that it was big and heavy!!! LOL..So I did not waste no time I called 3 of my friends and went to check it out.. I almost pooped on myself when I walked in there and seen it.... The only bad thing about it was the design of it, its 8' Long 4' Tall 18" Wide... It's a great tank for a lot of smaller fish but not good for big Monsters!!!

After I paid the guy for it I realize why they couldn't move it. all that 1" acrylic is really, really, really HEAVY!!! it took 6 of use to put it in the back of my truck... So we finally got it in the truck and the guy ask me do you want another little tank for free and some other stuff I think was for that tank? I said sure why not, so we go in this other room and this monster wet/dry filter was the other little tank...LOL.. there was also 2 huge pieces of fake coral (3' tall x 2' wide), some huge fake plants and (3) 5 gallon buckets of sand gravel mix!!

I still have not even set the tank up yet, I just could not pass this thing up!!!

002.JPG

004.JPG

INTHECOWBOYSWETRUST

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2013
TOLEDO OHIO
hey man i might have even beat you as i got a 700 gallon tank for 300$ i did a thread about it earlier year
WOW..... What a great find, Yeah I would say that crushes my deal hand down!!! I looked up the Thread and that thing is a monster for sure!!! So what did you do with it? I see you had it up for sale.

ggoodwin

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2014
southern Indiana
I still have it in storage till I get a big enough room for it... I might sell it if I get a good offer

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
720 gallon tank. 8x3x4. $200.00. Yes you read that right two hundred. Sump. Stand. Filtration pumps. Tank acrylic. The tank was holding up the rental of a restaurant as nobody wanted to move it or have the aquarium. So I came in and offered low as it was going to take allot to move being thick acrylic and I can't really fit it well in this house so it's sitting in the garage waiting for another day. Yes it may need some cleaning but for the money I can spend a couple hours and buff it. Pic below. I know kinda sad it's a storage rack for now but soon enough I'll use it. Other happy news was that same day I got it last year my ray had pups. Was a busy day.

uploadfromtaptalk1413219203144.jpg

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

INTHECOWBOYSWETRUST

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2013
TOLEDO OHIO
720 gallon tank. 8x3x4. $200.00. Yes you read that right two hundred. Sump. Stand. Filtration pumps. Tank acrylic. The tank was holding up the rental of a restaurant as nobody wanted to move it or have the aquarium. So I came in and offered low as it was going to take allot to move being thick acrylic and I can't really fit it well in this house so it's sitting in the garage waiting for another day. Yes it may need some cleaning but for the money I can spend a couple hours and buff it. Pic below. I know kinda sad it's a storage rack for now but soon enough I'll use it. Other happy news was that same day I got it last year my ray had pups. Was a busy day.

View attachment 1042012

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App
Wow what a awesome deal.. You guys are making me feel like I did not get such a great deal on mine now!! LOL... Just kidding I know I got a good deal just looks like a few of you guys got a better deal!!!!

Don't worry I can see past the dirt... that is a awesome tank I don't care how much cleaning or buffing it needs!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store