Michigan Cichlid Association Fishroom Tour info

Regalblue

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2010
MI.
4-21-13 ,10am Meeting place..... Burger King 3270 Newport rd, Newport Mi. 48166
List of Fishrooms
Josh Cunningham runs a family owned hatchery, called Cunningham Cichlids. Josh prides himself on supplying quality Rift Lake Cichlids, from Malawi, Tanganyika & the Victorian Basin. Josh has been breeding Cichlids since 2002, has continued to expand throughout 2012 & into 2013, in order to supply these Cichlids to hobbyists.

Ken Lewis has been keeping tropical fish for 37years. He has been breeding & specializing in African cichlids for 20 of those 37years. 2 years ago he started keeping Tropheus and Petrochromis.
Ken first became a MCA member 33years ago.

Dan Lee got back into fish keeping in March 2012 for the first time since childhood. He began with various CA and SA cichlids, with a particular focus on Cryptoheros species, in addition to less common Thorichthys species (aureum & pasionis). He has recently branched out into several varieties of Malawi mbuna and haps, as well as smaller Tangyanikans, to learn more about breeding and behavior of African cichlid species.

John & Betty Oyer –Known for breeding countless strains of Frontosa, John and Betty maintain literally hundreds of tanks of mostly old world cichlids.

Stan Majewski has been keeping fish since childhood. But, took the plunge into breeding Cichlids about 6years ago.
He now specializes in breeding Aulonacara species & Tropheus, Including wild stock.
Stan is currently also breeding Cyrtocara Moorii & Ps. Demasoni along with his Peacocks & Tropheus.

Jeff Matson doesn't currently have many fish. However, what he has is a close to construction completed fish room that he has funneled countless dollars into over the past few months. The room once complete will have around 60 tanks ranging in size from 10 to 500 gallons,a central air system, elaborate source water filtering system, automated water changing system with drains, ERV air exchanger, non slip floor, etc. Hopefully Jeff will also be able to stock some of the tanks including the 500 beforethe tour takes place,but if not it should be interesting to see how he setup his fishroom.

An itinerary with addresses will be provided the morning of the tour (Stops subject to change)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Regalblue

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2010
MI.
This event is open to any hobbyist. You do NOT have to be a MCA member to join us.

Regalblue

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2010
MI.
I'm trying to get an approximate head count for the Fishroom tour.... Please email me at regalblue at gmail dot com with how many will be in your car.

Regalblue

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2010
MI.
Thank you to everybody who showed up & to everybody who opened up their house.

This Fishroom Tour had double the amount of participants as last year.

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
I got stuck in the middle of the way. Was swimming fast as fast can be and got stuck in a storm in the Azores :)

Would love to have been there.. How about some pix??

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store